cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 or XBOX 360 to Compliment My Gaming PC

Siamak8286
Level 7
Hey Gamers!!!

As the title say, between PS3 and XBOX 360 whichone would be a better choice for a PC gamer, ill be buying all the games that available for PC on my PC and the Console is only going to be used for exclusives and console multiplatforms, i did a bit of research and i like some exclusives on both systems like Gears of War series/Halo/Alan Wake/Forza on XBOX and MGS/Uncharted/Heavy Rain/God Of War/GT5 on PS3, question is do u think any of those XBOX 360 Exclusives will make it to PC like Gears of War 3 and Alan Wake? please share your thoughts...
4 REPLIES 4

Rippedsoul
Level 9
Alot of XBox games are already out for the PC. It's kind of a poor man's gaming PC. But PS3 has alot of games specifically for it, though alot of game developers go for all four. I'm a PS3 person, myself, for that reason. There's just more of a choice of games which I can't already get for my PC. Plus I can contribute to this team's folding@home with my PS3 when I'm not gaming on it. But XBox does has it's pluses. It's really something you have to research. And you also should check on what most of your friends game on - because if you're playing on a PS3, you can't do multiplayer with friends who own the XBox360 and vice-versa.

Either system you get, though, I'd advice against using it to watch movies. Watching movies makes the drive spin constantly and wears it out fast. It's why you see alot of dead systems floating around out there. When playing a game, the drive only spins while reading new data.

Retired
Not applicable
A good gaming PC will make you use you console less IMO. I sold my 360 b.c my pc does everything better then a console. If you knew enough buddies to play online with it mike make it worth it to have one or the other. I have also been a fan of Live over PSN. I feel like you get more serious gamers to play with since they pay to play vs it being free.

Jaytheredneck1
Level 8
If you like media streaming then the 360 does it best. I've had all of the current gen systems. Traded the PS3 for a laptop, hardly ever touch the wii, and I use the 360 daily. But it depends on what you want to play and what your friends are playing.
Crosshair V Formula 990FX 0506 Bios - Phenom II X6 1100T - Gskill Sniper 1600MHz (4x4GB) - Saphire Radeon 6770 - OCZ Agility 3 60GB - WD Black 1TB - Cooler Master V6GT - Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Antec CP-850 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Retired
Not applicable
I agree with everyone above, it all mainly comes down to preference and what your friends are using. I personally have a PS3 and Xbox360, but only because I have a handful of friends that play both, albeit all they play is Call of Duty >.> ... Its still worth to get that kind of hang out time in, when you live so far away from everyone you used to know.