cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Asus 4 Way Optimisation

DanRowbotham
Level 7
Hi there, I am having a bit of trouble using ASUS's 4 way Optimisation tool in the AISuite3, more specifically the
auto-overclocking functionality.
When I watch JJ do it in the videos, he has the option to set the TPU to tune with ratio only extreme tuning after clicking on the 4 way optimisation button and going to the advanced settings. However when I do it, I only get the option of setting the cores to either 4.2, 4.4 or 4.6 ghz. I was wondering if anyone could help me with what I am doing wrong. I am fairly certain that I have the most up to date version of AISuite3.
8 REPLIES 8

Praz
Level 13
The auto-overclocking features vary depending on the motherboard model. If you are seeing set frequencies as an option than you do not have the options shown in the video.

Really? I have the VI Formula, I figured it'd have at least that level of functionality.

Praz
Level 13
Unfortunately the level of functionality varies across the different models. Especially with the ROG branded motherboards as most users purchasing the ROG brand prefer to manually overclock.

DanRowbotham
Level 7
I see, that does make sense. I am just a little afraid of overclocking having never done it before. But I guess now is a better time to try than any I suppose! Cheers for the help!

EnthusiastBuild
Level 12
Don't be afraid! And OC'ing out of the BIOS is really easy to do!

Cheers
CORSAIR 900D
ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
INTEL I7 4770K @ 4.5 GHZ
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB @ 2400MHZ
SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
SSD SYSTEM: CORSAIR FORCE GT 120GB
SSD APPS: CORSAIR FORCE GT 240 GB
HDD STORAGE: WD BLACK 2TB
CORSAIR AX860I PSU
CORSAIR H100I 4 x SP120 HP

Phew! I think I did it! I managed to get a stable OC of 4.7 on 1.28 volts with a 4770k, that was so much easier than I was expecting, and nothing went wrong (fingers crossed.)

Praz
Level 13
You can start with the 4.2GHz preset and move forward from there if you have an average or better CPU.

EnthusiastBuild
Level 12
Did you stresstest?
I recommend you running Realbench 2.0 3 times in a row!
Keep us posted!

Cheers
CORSAIR 900D
ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
INTEL I7 4770K @ 4.5 GHZ
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB @ 2400MHZ
SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
SSD SYSTEM: CORSAIR FORCE GT 120GB
SSD APPS: CORSAIR FORCE GT 240 GB
HDD STORAGE: WD BLACK 2TB
CORSAIR AX860I PSU
CORSAIR H100I 4 x SP120 HP