cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing Multiple Audio/Video Files From Seperate Sources Disables Sound

PentiumCore
Level 7
Hey,

Sometimes when I have say a YouTube tab, VLC player and Mediaplayer open all at once with files already paused, and then resume a song playing in Mediaplayer (while waiting for my video to buffer) and go back to the YouTube tab and try to continue watching the clip, no sound is played. I've checked the audio manager and its not that.

The same happens when listening to music in Mediaplayer, pausing the track, going over to VLC player watching a video clip, pausing that and going back to Mediaplayer that now has no audio (but the track is playing)

The only way to fix it is by closing which ever program you was using to listen/watch video and then refreshing the youtube video (or restarting the program) then the sound starts playing again.

It doesn't happen all the time but it is extremely annoying when it does happen.

Any ideas?
Asus G750JW (Poverty Spec)
17" 1600x900 - 4700HQ - 8GB RAM - 2GB GTX765M GPU

GAMING RIG 2013:
Asus P9X79, i7 3930K, 8GB RAM, GTX780 s/c, 256GB SSD)

GAMING RIG 2006:
Pentium D Extreme Edition 965 (3.8Ghz, 1066MHz, 65nm)
8GB DDR2 1066Mhz RAM (4x2GB) CL5
1GB GTS450 DDR5 GPU
1 REPLY 1

hmscott
Level 12
PentiumCore wrote:
Hey,

Sometimes when I have say a YouTube tab, VLC player and Mediaplayer open all at once with files already paused, and then resume a song playing in Mediaplayer (while waiting for my video to buffer) and go back to the YouTube tab and try to continue watching the clip, no sound is played. I've checked the audio manager and its not that.

The same happens when listening to music in Mediaplayer, pausing the track, going over to VLC player watching a video clip, pausing that and going back to Mediaplayer that now has no audio (but the track is playing)

The only way to fix it is by closing which ever program you was using to listen/watch video and then refreshing the youtube video (or restarting the program) then the sound starts playing again.

It doesn't happen all the time but it is extremely annoying when it does happen.

Any ideas?

Try disabling Exclusive mode, the default: