cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EATX12v plugs

Retired
Not applicable
Hey all i`m new to the forum, so i hope to get a chance to know all of you in more posts to come. I just bought a Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt and i know others are having some problems with the boards as I. I`ve tried other memory...1333mhz,1600mhz and sometimes it will post! other times it won`t?.
So i guess the question i`m asking is do you need to use both EATX12V plugs or just one? Will that supply more power to the ram or am i just kidding my self?

Your input will be very helpful thank-you.:cool:
12 REPLIES 12

xeromist
Both plugs are really only needed if you are going to be overclocking. You will not need them just to post. However, if you have them on the PSU then you might as well connect them. It won't hurt and you'll already be set if you ever actually need that power.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Would it help boost the ram? since sometimes the board is not stable?

Guines69 wrote:

What do you mean by this ? boost Dram Voltage or increase RAM size ?

Are You able to install the Operating System or by Post do you mean just to Bios ?
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

Guines69 wrote:

At stock and even most overclocked configurations the board won't be drawing enough power to max out an EPS12V. As I said above, you are welcome to use it, I'm just not sure I would justify a new PSU purchase if you already had a good one.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Raja
Level 13
Guines69 wrote:
Hey all i`m new to the forum, so i hope to get a chance to know all of you in more posts to come. I just bought a Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt and i know others are having some problems with the boards as I. I`ve tried other memory...1333mhz,1600mhz and sometimes it will post! other times it won`t?.
So i guess the question i`m asking is do you need to use both EATX12V plugs or just one? Will that supply more power to the ram or am i just kidding my self?

Your input will be very helpful thank-you.:cool:

What UEFI version are you using and what memory?

Set your memory up like this:

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?3468-Crosshair-V-Formula-Easy-Memory-Setup-Guide

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
I did start off using Cosair Vengence 1600mhz but I was hearing that its to high so now I went out and bought corsair xms 1333mhz. Both are 8gb kits by the way. Like I said the system sometimes will boot and other times it won't? That why I was asking if it's nessasary to use that plug? If I can get to boot the UEFI and follow those steps will that help? Also at times when it will boot into windows I'll get the BSOD and it'll do a memory dump.

Area_66
Level 11
We should have more info about when to use those extra power connectors on the CHV and all other Asus board with them....

MarkedOne wrote:
We should have more info about when to use those extra power connectors on the CHV and all other Asus board with them....

Sub-zero on Bulldozer use both connectors. Anything else the single 8 pin connector is fine.

Area_66
Level 11
And what about the molex ? when we need them