Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help :)

silentfreak
Level 7
Hi everybody,

need some help...

i am using maximus formula 3(LGA1156),
and the problem is that the card reaches maximum 375MB/s on PCIx 16x third slot...
i have tried before using PCIx slot 1 or 2 but there the system didnt recognize the hardware?!

Did anybody know why it doesnt work for me on slot 1 or 2?
And the second question is if it is the maximum on speed i can get on this MB(M3F)???

thank u for answering me 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

Nodens
Level 16
Did you try the second red slot and the white slot? The 2 short black slots are x1 and will make the drive slow. The 2 long black slots are plain old PCI and they're incompatible.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Praz
Level 13
The third slot (white) is connected to the PCH and only has 2.5GT/s data rate capability. Need to use one of the first two PCIe x16 slots (red). Those two slots are capable of providing the needed 5.0GT/s data rate.

thanks for both answers! 🙂

@Nodens:

yes, i have tried all slot of the three "16x" PCIx slots but only the third(white slot) recognize the raidr 😞

@Praz:

yes, i have seen it 2,5GT/s(test: 377MB/s)... but only the third recognize the raidr... i thought it have to work in the second or first? but the system dont see anithing... 😞

- is my mb to old for that?

- or is there a way for me to get it work in the second(red) slot?

- or is it because of the "newest" bios update

Nodens
Level 16
This is strange. Not sure about this specific board as I don't have it but it's possible that the red slots are Video card only. In which case you'd be out of luck. If I understood correctly you are on the latest BIOS version. If so do try to downgrade and check with a couple of other versions. It may be a firmware issue. If you're not on the latest and I got that wrong, then try updating to the latest or more recent version.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

silentfreak
Level 7
ok, i got it directly from asus technician support:

it's my MB(maximus 3 formula) the white slot can't get more bandwidth then 2,5GT/s... my motherboard is to old for that 😞 so i have "normal" ssd performances 😉 but not more 😞

Nodens
Level 16
We already knew about the white slot. Praz told you so above.:) Did support tell you why the drive won't work in the red slots? Because those slots have adequate bandwidth for sure.

RealBench Developer.

yes, the red slots are only for video 😞

Nodens
Level 16
Out of luck then mate, sorry:(

RealBench Developer.

silentfreak
Level 7
no problem 😉

i think about new hardware, mb(maximus vi extreme) + cpu(i7 4770K) 😉