ROG Member Array

Broadcom ac does not detect wireless networks

My JX with the Broadcom chip under Windows 7 doesn't detect any wireless connections, although the chip itself seems operational and the driver is up to date (used the Dell Driver as described in several guides for installing Windows 7). Up until an hour ago it worked fine, now all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. Any ideas?

And yes, it's not the access point...
    Last edited by DSmith; 12-01-2013 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Driver clarification

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by DSmith View Post
    My JX with the Broadcom chip under Windows 7 doesn't detect any wireless connections, although the chip itself seems operational and the driver is up to date (used the Dell Driver as described in several guides for installing Windows 7). Up until an hour ago it worked fine, now all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. Any ideas?

And yes, it's not the access point...
    You could try inSSIDer and see what it see's through the wireless card.

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

I just started it and remembered I had to turn on my Wifi, I am on ethernet most of the time. There are a couple of places that Wifi can be turned off. Also, battery mode can turn off Wifi to save power.

If your card shows up, click the Network tab, and you can see the router/ap's in reception range.

ROG Member Array

That's very interesting... InSSIDer is running fine, and it's recognizing the card, but it sees no wireless networks in range, and I'm practically sitting on the router. I'll try playing with the power settings next

Edit: Tried the power settings, no change, wireless still doesn't see any connections, it's as if the antennas were disconnected (which they aren't).
    Last edited by DSmith; 12-01-2013 at 10:41 AM.

ROG Member Array

Heya, Faced that problem and solved it by simply rolling back the driver to the previous version.

ROG Member Array

Where did you find the previous version? I downloaded the Dell Broadcom driver cause the Asus one won't install on Windows 7. Which version is the one which is working for you?

ROG Member Array

I reverted back to version 3.0.0.130

ROG Member Array

Regrettably, you are talking about a Qualcomm chip, while I am talking about a Broadcom chip. There is only one driver available for Windows 7 and it is the Dell Driver version 6.30.95.31.

I'm wondering whether it's possible to extract the ini file from the Windows 8 driver and use it to update the driver for the adapter...

Anyone else have any ideas?

ROG Member Array

Try using the drivers in this RAR file. It gave me an Asus driver that was updated a few months ago.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-Asus-Software