cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG and water-cooling.

Rippedsoul
Level 9
I've seen a couple of companies put out cards with waterblocks already installed for us crazy PC enthusiests. And who's crazier PC powermongers than the people who buy ROG products? Urm. . . crazy in a good way I mean.

I've noticed a trend with alot of people going 2 to 4-way SLI or Crossfire. With the heat the cards blow out, the heatsyncs often need 2 slots if not 3 slots. With these water-cooled cards, only one slot is needed. I'd really like to see Asus ROG develope some single-slot PCIe cards for us crazy people. I know there would be money in it. At the very least, my money.
11 REPLIES 11

Area_66
Level 11
Honestly I prefer purchase a GPU with a reference board and fix my own water block, so if I have a problem with the GPU I can replace it and save the block.

MarkedOne wrote:
Honestly I prefer purchase a GPU with a reference board and fix my own water block, so if I have a problem with the GPU I can replace it and save the block.

I agree with what marked says. My big deal is having the reference board so I can attach a FB WB to it, but also that all the connections are in a single slot form so that I can replace (or hack) the plate into a single slot. That said I really like the extra features we see on the ROG cards so perhaps a good alternative is to simply partner with a WB manufacturer such as Koolance when designing the ROG cards? I personally wouldn't mind 3 slot cards provided I can still shrink them down if I need/want to.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Area_66
Level 11
I will see EK for making block for Asus, even if they seriously mess up with their plating recently, but thing get better with their non-electrolyte plating now.

I do like how EK does their blocks, but they have made empty promises in the past that rubbed me the wrong way... 😞
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

chrsplmr
Level 18
Not into water and electric. Someday, when it is mandatory.
Air conditioned ... hahahha.. there still is that pesky condensation issue.
Air for me for now...
Like swithching between GPU's (c4e)....nice option though.
And yes water looks awesome...AIR.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
Not into water and electric. Someday, when it is mandatory.
Air conditioned ... hahahha.. there still is that pesky condensation issue.
Air for me for now...
Like swithching between GPU's (c4e)....nice option though.
And yes water looks awesome...AIR.c.

When you say "Not into water and electric," do you mean to say you don't like putting water in with the electronics? Because it really isn't much of a risk with de-mineralized water, or a "proper" coolant.
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

Cyrekk wrote:
When you say "Not into water and electric," do you mean to say you don't like putting water in with the electronics? Because it really isn't much of a risk with de-mineralized water, or a "proper" coolant.

Same diff. Once you get contaminants in the fluid (dust, etc) it ionizes and becomes conductive. The non-conductive line is just marketing mumbo jumbo because it's just not true outside of a lab. The important thing is to conduct a leak test before powering up the system so that you never need to worry about the conductiveness of your coolant.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
custom water cooling can be sweet but, when it goes bad....

lets just say nothing good can come of it when it goes bad

Six Foot Ginger wrote:
lets just say nothing good can come of it when it goes bad

you gone have water coming out if it ....... lol