yogibuh
Level 7
Hello,

the long-awaited WHQL Driver for Win 8.1 is now released 🙂

salut
32 REPLIES 32

cx-ray
Level 12
Thanks for the heads up. Making a full disk image back up before updating...you never know what new surprises 8.1 may have in store 🙂

Where did you find it? I don't see an Win 8.1 driver on my local ASUS support website.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Visit the worldwide site, choose windows 8 and then change the OS to 8.1, it's what I did to see it lol...waiting to see when the update comes in for Win7

CSF
Level 7
Thx, got it. Uninstalled old WHQL und reinstalled this one. No evident problems so far. DHTv4 Profiles P1-P4 are no longer predefined. Can anyone confirm that?

no, here the four known preset profiles in dhtv4 exists. Clean install. Appear the profiles within the phoebus UI?

salut

Ok, I managed to fix the problem. I uninstalled the driver, then deleted the leftover Dolby folder inside the Registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE) and reinstalled the driver again. Now the profiles are back. Maybe it helps someone.

Glasofruix
Level 8
Updated the driver as soon as i saw the forum post :p. So far without hiccups, the old drivers deinstalled themselves without protesting and the new install went as smoothly as it's possible. Everything is working fine so far, xear surround is still crap and DHT is still not a 5.1/7.1 virtualization, other than that the sound is as it should be.

Now, what about people not masochistic enough to install a win 8.1 on their rig? I don't see a win 7 version.

Retired
Not applicable
Glasofruix wrote:
Updated the driver as soon as i saw the forum post :p. So far without hiccups, the old drivers deinstalled themselves without protesting and the new install went as smoothly as it's possible. Everything is working fine so far, xear surround is still crap and DHT is still not a 5.1/7.1 virtualization, other than that the sound is as it should be.

Now, what about people not masochistic enough to install a win 8.1 on their rig? I don't see a win 7 version.

There is a Windows 7 version.

It appeared a bit later 😉