cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog raidr speed problem

alex3dfan
Level 7
Hello I have a problem with my asus rog raidr,

It is a very nice product, very easy to install and works quite fast.
But I checked my sequential speed for read and writes on "CrystalDiskMark" and it doesn't go as high as it should go. I have the 240 gb version**, so normally it should be 830/ 810 MB/s sequential read/write speed but i barely reach 700 mb/sec for read speed. This is why I post this message. How can I make it go faster, must I change something in the Bios, or is the product defect...?

here's the specs of my pc:

*Motherboard Asus rampage IV extreme*
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Primary hard disk 116GB Free (223GB Total) + 1Tb Velociraptor

I thank you in advance for your answer, have a nice day!

24 REPLIES 24

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Which slot did you install the RAIDR into?

alex3dfan
Level 7
Thank you for moving the post I didn't know where to post, i realise yet my error.

I installed the RAIDR in the PCIE x8 slot on my asus rampage iv extreme board, a black slot, on the manual it is written for that slot: PCIE_X8_2B

this black slot that shown here:

Nodens
Level 16
Use one of the red slots. That slot is on the PCH.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

alex3dfan
Level 7
Thank you for your answer Nodens. Is it a good solution knowing that I have my OS on the asus rog RAIDR and a lot of my programs.. will it change anything..? or can I try this solution

Nodens
Level 16
Changing the slot will not affect your data:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

alex3dfan
Level 7
Thanks a lot nodens, i will try this solution, i'll give you feedback directly after!

alex3dfan
Level 7
Ok, I changed it, I put it on the red slot just under it.. but unfortunately no drastic change in performance...

alex3dfan
Level 7
I wan to be like this disk 😄 😛

no but the write speed seems low on my rog.. I looked up for the read speeds , and other people seem to have the same for read speed but more for the write speed...

DragonClaVV
Level 9
Every SSD manufacture uses Atto which uses other files then for example AS SSD Benchmakr which is way better to see the real performance of an ssd.

Atto is good to get high benchmark but for nothing else. It not realistic for daily use. no wonder manufactures uses the read/write speed from that program to show the theoretical maximum.

Use AS SSD Benchmark. You wont get the advertised 800 but sometihng about 700 if i remember right which is good.
and just for fun bench it with atto. then you should get about 800 to get sure that the disk isnt hold back by something