cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install Anything From Discs

jrblacquiere
Level 7
Yesterday I bought a brand new Asus G750 JW along with two brand new games (disc copies). Everything with the system seems to be fine, except for when I make any attempt at installing either of the two games. Both involve a multi-disc install process, and both (several times now) have failed to get by the first disc. When it asks me to insert the second disc there will either be a full freeze of the install process, or there will just be zero activity in which the disk drive shows the first disc still being present (despite me having inserted the second).

Also, I fairly certain the disc drive itself is fine because I've been able to play a dvd through it.

Has anyone here experienced anything remotely similar to this. Right now, I'm fairly desperate to find some sort of solution.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

villiansv
Level 11
Maybe try to make .iso files from the dvds, mount them in a virtual cd and install like this? Sounds like the discs are corrupt, though 2 different games exhibiting the same issue is very unlikely.

Yeah, it's really weird. Looked into your suggestion and have never actually used anything like daemon tools lite before, but I'll give it a go. Hopefully there's a different result.

villiansv
Level 11
Daemon tools bundles adware, be VERY careful when installing it. I'd recommend using virtual clone drive - http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

You may need another program to rip the dvd to .iso though. Most cd burning apps allow you to do this. E.g. ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP.

jrblacquiere
Level 7
Hey, it worked. Thank you 🙂