cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS update help OC settings.

poney1991
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I had the first release BIOS untill today. My overclocking settings were 4.3ghz for a voltage of 1.185v on a i7 4770k.
I have a Asus maximus HERO motehrboard.

Now my issue is when I updated my BIOS to the last version my settings got reseted. Now when I put my voltage on manual I can put 1.185v but when I switch to Adaptive mode it tells me max is 0.999v. I don't get it in the old BIOS I could put 1.185v but in this one 0.999v is market as RED and dangerous.
10 REPLIES 10

HiVizMan
Level 40
You could always go back to the old bios that worked for you if you wanted to. Please do use a USB device to flash your bios and not via OS
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Praz
Level 13
Under adaptive are you entering the voltage in the Additional Turbo Mode field and not the Offset field?

poney1991
Level 7
I will check it out. It limits me to 0.999 I will look now

poney1991
Level 7
In the offset field I was trying witch is limited to 0.999 max, I should set the voltage in the Additional Turbo Mode field?

I remember when I overclocked I readed a lot of guides but that was like months ago so I don't really remember what to switch on and off and were.

The only think I remember is that my system runs since month on adaptive mode with 1.185v and 4.3GHz. Can you please tell me or make me remember what I switch off and what on and were do I set the voltage for the cpu?

Thanks in advance

poney1991
Level 7
Nobody knows in witch field I need to put the CPU voltage in Adaptive mode?? Should I set it in offset or additional turbo?

HiVizMan
Level 40
You don't need to enter anything for Adaptive Offset. Whatever your loaded VCORE is when stability testing enter that value in the Adaptive Turbo Boost field. Test stability and adjust that value as needed. When using Adaptive do not use stability testing utilities that use AVX instructions though.

Here you go mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

poney1991
Level 7
Thank you very much I start OCing again. I heard that putting off the internal graphics makes the CPU cooler so more space to OC.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am not 100% convinced that it makes any difference, if you use a discrete graphic cards the graphic node of the CPU is off by default. Have not seen any gains when benching under LN2.

techgameguru
Level 7
Just a question. I have maximus vi hero, i7-4770k,
gskill 2400 MHZ 16 gig ripjaw mem,
gigabyte 660gtx, coolermaster
hyper 212 evo, and
coolermaster haf 932 advanced case.

I used the auto config in the bios and set atuotune to 4.4 gig and noticed that my cpu dropped voltage on idle to 0.672. The voltage updated
to 1.264 when it got to 4.4 ghz. Also the temp rose from 30C to 86C max when using intel extreme tuning utillity at 4.4gh cpu stress test. I changed the bios to
manual and set it to 4.4 ghz with manual setting of 1.264. I noticed that the temp on the utility dropped 10 C to 76 . when I played Black flag
the temp was in the 60C-max 65. The pc was very stable and idle rose to 35C. My question is should the cpu always be at 1.264. I noticed this
setting made it stay at 1.264 even at idle. Also should i keep on this setting or revert to auto setting with lower voltage.

Thank you