cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53JW-A1 bsod problems. Anyone also experiencing this?

quiroga
Level 7
Hi, thought this might be the best place to get help since its a RoG forum. 🙂 I have a g53jw-a1, i can't seem to get off these bsod's. Before, i have bsod's when scanning with MSE. It displays the ntfs.sys on the bsod but never collects logs. I took the unit to the Asus service center and they said that to NOT update windows as of the moment because it will cause the unit to go haywire. Is this true?

WHen they returned the unit to me, after some hours of usage, a bsod appears. It says about Bad pool something. In another forum, a tech said it was my Razer abyssus causing the bsod, and told me to remove PowerISO, so i did. Right when my unit was rebooting, another bsod. It said about memory management. Also, i have black screens flashing really quick at windows start-up.

Forgot to mention- Haven't changed or added any hardware, everything is factory default. I am also not that much of an expert in computers.
Asus G53JW-A1
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
I would run memtest86 to see if there are any problems with the memory. You will need a blank disc for it.

Also, I don't know why they told you not to update Windows; that does not sound right.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Already did, had several passes running it overnight and no fails. In another forum, a tech mentioned that it could be the high polling rate of my razer mouse. Is it possible? So should i go on with updating windows?
Asus G53JW-A1

xeromist
Polling rate should not cause this. At worst you should simply drop updates. Now, if they've demonstrated this to be a known issue then try another mouse but it mostly sounds like a wild ass guess.

Have you looked at the Windows Event Viewer to see if there is any information about the crashes? Also if you search on google you can find the Microsoft KB on disabling reboot for BSOD if you'd like to actually get a look at it.

I personally would update Windows.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I actually have the minidumps of the 1st two bsod's (total 3 since i got the unit from service center) but i don't know how to use these logs. I just submit them to another forum and a tech helps. The 3rd one, which happened a few minutes ago, happened when i was browsing the net. Suddenly, i heard a sound from inside the laptop then the screen froze right away. Could this be that something is wrong with hardware?
Asus G53JW-A1

xeromist
It could be. Depending on the sound it might point to different things. Most often a sound may come from a fan or hard drive since they are actually in motion but it is possible for coils to vibrate and make a whining sound as well. If you are going to keep using and testing the laptop for a bit I would mute the sound whenever possible to see if you still hear that sound when it freezes. If you can eliminate the speaker as the source of the sound then it is most likely mechanical in nature.

quiroga
Level 7
Hi. I reformatted the laptop almost a week ago. No bsod's so far. I only installed a few softwares, namely, firefox, utorrent and realplayer. Didn't do windows update. Maybe i'll try over the weekend. Also used the razer mouse.
Asus G53JW-A1

xeromist
Well, that means it's not the mouse then 🙂