USB Devices (model/version number):

CPU Cooler:

PC CASE:

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? Windows 7 x64 activated

Drivers Installed (include version):

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed:

System Overclocked (provide details)? NO

Issue

Hi, dont know when my pc starts to automatically go into BIOS every time i boot up or restart, I didn't touch the BIOS before this happens. What could be the cause?

Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8

Raja
Level 13
You might need to set the BOOT order properly. Put the device you want to BOOT from at the top of the BOOT order priority list in UEFI and then press F10 to save and exit so it saves.

Hi, Raja
I've done that. I always do that as the first thing going into a fresh BIOS.
This just suddenly happened, all I can remember is that it seems to be happening after I moved my PC, but I plugged the cables as it used to be plugged and touched nothing inside.

Linightz
Level 7
Ok, I think I found out what was the cause - it's the keyboard I changed. Weird thing is the keyboard works perfectly fine in the OS, why would it cause the problem?

Raja
Level 13
Possibly not being detected properly or it has some kind of USB hub etc. What make and model of keyboard? You can try setting USB to Full Initial in the BOOT menu and see what that does. Also try different USB ports. Are you 100% sure it's the keyboard and not another device? Did you unplug all other USB devices to work that out?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was the keyboard because all I did was changing a keyboard and the problem's gone. I've also tried different USB ports, it was the same. It's Alienware TactX, I've used this keyboard for years and it never had this problem, it happened that I have to use another keyboard, and when I changed it back to this Alienware TactX it happened.

Chino
Level 15
There have been a few cases in the past with the Alienware TactX keyboard and the ROG motherboards. The fix was to connect it to one of the USB 3.0 ports or to an USB hub. But mind you, it's not a guaranteed fix since it worked for some and didn't for others.

Ok, what's weird is it didn't happen from the beginning, been using this keyboard with this ROG board for more than a year and it happened just now.

rhhhimel
Level 7
To solve this problem.
You have follow the following rules:
1)On the startup press "F1" and Go to the UEFI BOOT Utility .
2) Then go the "Advance setting" or prees F7 . Then go to the "Boot" option and then disable the "Fast boot"

Hope it is helpful to you.