cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Post readout error

matas17
Level 7
So yesterday i downloaded newest bios and got the usb flash set up correctly and when i did plugged it in by mistake i clicked clear CMOS button and the post readout shows number 34 and I can't even get into the bios or boot up PC. I have tried installing newest BIOS but it didnt help out.

Can anyone helpout with this please?
4 REPLIES 4

MarcioTB
Level 9
The same with me! The new bios is very unstable! I´m using older at BIOS 2! Waiting for new bios for fix it!

HiVizMan
Level 40
OP please change to the B Bios and cross flash the working B bios over the seemingly corrupted A bios.

I will see if I can duplicate the issue.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

matas17
Level 7
can i just some instructions to be safe on how to install new BIOS, because this would be the second time i flash new bios on a motherboard. Before this i only flashed bios on Gigabyte motherboard which was easier then this.

What would be the safe BIOS that i should use for my motherboard, since I am a bit of a newbie.

HiVizMan wrote:
OP please change to the B Bios and cross flash the working B bios over the seemingly corrupted A bios.

I will see if I can duplicate the issue.

what do you mean by B Bios and other stuff

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mata17 - your board has two bios chips. A and B.

Default is to be on the A bios. On the bottom left hand corner there is a button that allows you to switch between the two bios.

You press the button while your board is on standby and the yellow bios indicator (next to the PCIe lane) will move up to the B bios.

Safe bios. Well not sure why you felt it was needed to update bios in the first case so can not comment. The rule is only update your bios if you need to fix something. In other words do not fix something that is not broken.

How to do a bios flash? Or how to do a cross bios flash? Both are listed in your user manual by the way.

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/

Download the bios file from the motherboard support page.

Extract the bios file (not the folder) to your fat formmatted usb drive root directory.

Place the fat formatted usb stick into the white ROG connect USB port.

With your motherboard on stand by power press the ROG connect button and hold it there for a long count of 2.

The LED on the board, the yellow ones of the bios chips will flash, the process will take anything from one minute upwards.

The next time you power on your system the process will continue if a firmware update was included in the bios.

Just let your system update and do not power down the system until such time as you are back in the BIOS menu.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.