cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE + win 8.1 updated drivers!

MarcioTB
Level 9
Does anybody knows when the updated drivers for win 8.1 will be avaliable? (or were I can get it!!)
The drivers page has few drivers with some note working!
8 REPLIES 8

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Go to asus.com, select worldwide. Click on Support and then type in the Motherboard name. Choose 8.1 and you'll find some drivers posted 🙂

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Go to asus.com, select worldwide. Click on Support and then type in the Motherboard name. Choose 8.1 and you'll find some drivers posted 🙂

I did this! But is so few drivers! For important things like RSTe doesn´t have!
Tks!

MarcioTB wrote:
I did this! But is so few drivers! For important things like RSTe doesn´t have!
Tks!

Windows 8.1 already contains the latest RSTe drivers in Windows PE-both legacy and UEFI-last I checked. Driver Version: 12.0.1.1019 Date 8/9/2013 and are newer than the download on Intels website (Driver Version: 12.0.1.1018) for RAID anyways.
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
So go to Intel's website and download the drivers from them

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
So go to Intel's website and download the drivers from them

Doesn´t have for win 8.1!
🙂

RickROG
Level 11
If you are running Windows 8.1 64-bit these drivers should work for you. I've been using them without any concern for 1 1/2 months now.

The best option is to slipstream them into your image (install.wim) thusly:

DISM /Mount-Wim /\install.wim /Index:1 /MountDir:

Index:1 is Windows 8.1 Pro, Index:2 is Windows 8.1. Extract the attached archive to your HDD (one folder ie: "Drivers") and slipstream:

DISM /Image: /Add-Driver /Driver: /Recurse

then:

DISM /Cleanup-Wim

Finally:

DISM /Unmount-Wim /MountDir: /commit

Install Windows 8.1 Assessment and Deployment Kit (not completely necessary, but, creates a new cat file for your modified wim); only the Deployment tools and Windows PE Enviornment:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=39982

Run Windows System Image Manager, point to both your boot.wims (index 1 and 2) and install .wim then let it create the cat files. You can also create an answer file (Autounattend.xml) from here-the help files are very good and will guide you well.

Copy your new wim to your installation media and bob's you're uncle;)

These drivers are all the latest from Intel's/Asus website and are WHQL. I used the Intel® Management Engine Interface (Intel® MEI) from ASUS download culled after running the exe during my first install on a VM.

The 32-bit files are the same just not "x64" appended to the file name within the downloaded driver archive. (zip file, not exe).

The other more laborious method is to point Device manager in Safe Mode after Windows installation to your extracted driver folder, view Devices by Connection and individually update all that will in "PCI bus" and "PCI Express Root Complex"-reboot normally when done.

I've had no driver issues at all-24/7-and I push my PC pretty hard gaming so.....if you want give it a try.

MarcioTB
Level 9
Thanks guys!
I´ll try!

Let us know how it goes and what method you used OK. 🙂