cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73 Battery LED flashing green and orange

brettt777
Level 8
Last night I plugged my G73 in and had it on for a couple hours, as I do most every night. When I went to shut down, I saw that the battery LED was flashing green and orange, whether I had the power supply plugged in or not. When I checked the battery status, it says the battery is 100% charged and has 10 hours remaining. While that would be awesome, it's obviously not correct. So is my battery going away? This machine is 3 years old and I have had very few problems with it. I have never had a battery issue before. But now, even though the battery appears to run the thing okay, at least for the 10 minutes I have had it on this morning, it just keeps flashing.
4 REPLIES 4

brettt777
Level 8
Okay, I shut down, uplugged the battery and then plugged it back in. Now my LED seems to operate normally but I still think the battery is going away because when it says fully charged, I unplug the power and let it run off the battery with nothing running except the screen saver, and it drops down to about 70% within like, 15 minutes. I know these things were never known for their battery life but that seems a bit too much. Maybe I'll charge it again and run it off the battery without the screen saver...

billyray520
Level 10
You're right about the battery. I noticed mine is not delivering as much battery time as it used to. Mine is over 3 yrs. old too. I just put a new battery in mine. 😄
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

kimiraikkonen
Level 7
I almost have the same problem with my G53JW. Using OEM or replacement battery after a few years, i'm getting green+orange flashing LED indicator eventhough it's saying battery is being charged at %100. Is this battery going to bad?
ASUS G53JW-XA1

cl-tom
Level 7
Hey Brett this is Tom with ASUS Customer Loyalty. Late post but just making sure everything is resolved and that you have an extra helping hand for your ASUS products. If you have another question regarding your laptop needs let me know. Make sure that your bios is up to date and that you re-calibrate your battery. You can also download the battery charge utility tool for your laptops for monitoring. Thanks for your time and hope everything is going smoothly! Cheers!