Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Very very thorough! Thank you very much, i will try it.
    Big pat on the back!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Hi,
    +1 here for the great write up.
    i cant see myself bothering to change the key colours as i usually turn the backlight off anyway but will use this to change out my wifi card to a mac compatible one.
    this is definately a sticky worthy thread
    Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
    1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
    free bag and mouse
    win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by gazzacbr View Post
    Hi,
    +1 here for the great write up.
    i cant see myself bothering to change the key colours as i usually turn the backlight off anyway but will use this to change out my wifi card to a mac compatible one.
    this is definately a sticky worthy thread
    The offtopic pic I included was precisely because I knew some people wanted to change their Atheros to a mac-compatible card . Do make sure you connect the wires to the correct jacks on the card, my replacement card had the location switched. Match white wire with the jack marked with a filled-in white triangle on the card, and the black wire with the jack marked with a contoured triangle only.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Wonderful thread thank you +1

New ROGer Array

Hi chaps,

I'm wondering if anyone who has done the disassembly could help me with a question. I need to get to the power jack which I think is damaged on my G750JH and I'm wondering how far through the disassembly this would require. Would it even require complete removal of the keyboard, or perhaps just lifting the keyboard but leaving the ribbon cables attached would reveal it? Also does anyone know what the power jack looks like on the inside? The pics above are great but don't focus on this part, ideally I'm hoping for a zoomed in and angled view of the power jack connected to the motherboard so I can try to judge if there might be some connection damage that I could repair or not before I start opening things up.

I ask because my G750 repeatedly jumps between battery and AC. This happened on my previous G73SW too and it went in for RMA three times for the same issue, each time the report that came back indicated that they had replaced the entire motherboard! I eventually got fed up and asked for a complete replacement and was told that if it failed a fourth time while in warranty (2 years) then a full replacement or other solution would be offered. As you might guess the power jack again failed but 2 months after the warranty expired. As a result of this I bought a G750 and had to dump my otherwise perfectly fine and just over 2yr old G73.

Due to the above I am reluctant to go through the RMA process again if there is an alternate option since it is likely it will involve repeatedly shipping the unit off and lengthy waits only to receive a fix that lasts another 3 months until eventually the warranty runs out and then the flawed design becomes my problem rather than ASUS's...

Thanks for any help you can give me!

New ROGer Array

First of all, I have to say THANK YOU so much to the person that posted this walkthrough. Honestly, I didn't used the entire thing as all I was looking to do was replace the keyboard module itself, as opposed to changing the colour. I just finished fixing the issue and the new module is working like a
    charm, thanks in massive part to this post. THANKS AGAIN! And don't stop posting instructionals like this! They're incredibly invaluable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3