cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4770K @4.5Ghz/1.22 volt.

Arotished
Level 7
Is this a good overclock? I read around on the net that in order to get 4.5Ghz on the 4770K, you need to have close to 1.3volt on the CPU.

My BIOS is set to 1.22 but it shows 1.232 in CPU-Z.

I finished a 23 hour test on my hole system with AIDAExtreme, temp was around 60-65 on the CPU with a KrakenX60 (22degree room temp) with 1.235volt

and now trying 1.22volt only with prime95. So far so good.

11 REPLIES 11

Arotished
Level 7
Crap, cant seem to edit the my thread. I forgot to ask another question..

I have set the voltage in Manual when stress testing and now I'm happy with my clock/voltage and wanna set back the voltage to adaptive.

Is this the right way of doing it?

Manual voltage = The value in the field is the max voltage.

Offset Voltage = The value in the field adds to all base voltage figures. Ex. 1.0v Base + .010 offset voltage field = 1.010v final voltage.

adaptive voltage = the value in the field adds to all turbo voltage figures ex. 1.0v base + .010 offset + .500 adaptive = 1.010v under idle and 1.510v under load.

Arotished
Level 7
I just keep getting a crash during start-up as I cant get the right setting.

I select Adaptive Mode and then I can set the CPU Core Voltage Offset and Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage. Guess the plan here is to set it so that the CPU gets 1.22Voltage at total as that was stable during manual mode.

The CPU Voltage Offset is automatically set to 0.999 and I select 0.221 on the Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage to get Total Adaptive Mode CPU Core Voltage but I get a Crash at start-up so I guess this is wrong and I think I have set a car to high Offset value and far to low Adaptive Value

My question is, does the Total Adaptive Mode CPU Core Voltage number just under where i sett my Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage get added to the CPU Core Voltage (meaning with these settings I will get far over 2.2voltage on the CPU) or is it the total voltage the CPU is gonna get?

Meaning I need to set the adaptive voltage based on the CPU Core Voltage wish is displayed at 1.120 Voltage in the BIOS? In other words:

CPU Core Voltage 1.120
CPU Core Voltage Offset 0.010 (or what value is recommended her?)
Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage 0.090

= 1.220

Arotished
Level 7
4.5Ghz on 1.21 volt and 60-65 degree on CPU 🙂

Arotished
Level 7

Arotished
Level 7
4,5Ghz at 1.2volt, 55-60 degree at full load 🙂 KrakenX60 cooler.

Finguz
Level 7
Congratulations m8, why not try for 4.6, then maybe 4.7, and then....well you get the idea :cool:
Win 10 Pro x64
i7 4770K @ 4.6GHz - NH-D14
Asus Maximus VI Hero - 1505
Corsair Vengeance Pro 8Gig
Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked 2816 cu's
Asus Xonar D2X - Stoner Acoustics UD110v2
XFX Pro XXX 650W

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have you worked out the adaptive voltages yet? Pretty sure you would have but thought better to ask...
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Finguz wrote:
Congratulations m8, why not try for 4.6, then maybe 4.7, and then....well you get the idea :cool:

I manage to get 4.6Ghz stable on 1.22 voltage on AIDA64 test for a few hours but it tends to freeze during gaming so I let it rest at 4.5Ghz.

HiVizMan wrote:
Have you worked out the adaptive voltages yet? Pretty sure you would have but thought better to ask...

Thanks for asking but I havent been able to figure out the adaptive voltage yet. Still at Manuall voltage as hatever I choose on adaptive, I get a crash at startup.

Found this clip that might help me alittle (always better to look at a video than reading)

jamRwoo
Level 9
Nice chip/OC!
i7-4770K @ TBD on Maximus VI Formula
Corsair H100i (w/ SP120 PE Static Pressure Fans)
16 (4x4)GB Mushkin Redline 2133Mhz
Asus GTX770 DC2OC-2GD5
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + WD Black 1TB HDD (x2)
Corsair AX860i
Corsair Obsidian 750D