cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabertooth Z87 Thermal Radar 2 problem(s)

abcdeluxe
Level 9
Hi all!

I'm using Win 8.1 x64 and have (a) strange problem(s) with Thermal Radar 2:
At first, a fan which was set to not run till 40 degrees always ran.
After toggling Auto-Stop off and on again and hitting OK it worked.
But now the fan doesn't spin at all! :cool:
When the temp goes over the minimum, it shows up like this, but doesn't run. Some other fans seems to behave similar, but the Assistant fans always work. :confused:

I hope you can help me! 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

abcdeluxe
Level 9
Update:
When I get even more heat, the fan starts to spin (what it should have done alot earlier), but it looks like it is slower, than it should be:

Also today my fan is randomly starting up and stopping again, when the temperature is low. It looks like this:

Why is that? :confused:

abcdeluxe
Level 9
Am I the only one with this issue? :rolleyes:

abcdeluxe wrote:
Am I the only one with this issue? :rolleyes:

It's possible that you have unique issue like this because you feed fans with too much informations from sensors. Limit, for example, rear Assistant Fan to SATA6G sensor - set slider to 100% and others to 0% or set Vcore 30% and SATA6G to 70% (sum always must be 100% ) or if you wish put None as option for sensor.

Same for mid assistant fan - limit that fan to PCH sensor, CPU Fan is to CPU sensor as measuring point (at 100%)

Front intake fans (if you connected them to MB) link to custom sensor probes from motherboard.

For example I didn't link thermal probes/diodes to anything in AI Suite 3 because I have CM Silencio with low/high switch on front panel.
My rear Assist fan is linked to VCORE at 30% and SATA6G with 70%. Midle Assistant fan is linked only to PCH sensor like in this pictures:

i5 4670K (no OC) on Sabertooth Z87, Asus GTX760 DC2OC, Corsair Vengeance 8GB @XMP 1600, Cooler Master M2 720W - Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler
WD Blue 1TB (EZEX), WD Green 2TB (EARX)

abcdeluxe
Level 9
Sorry for late reply. I didnt get a notification...

Why do you think that would change something? But anyway ill try it out and report. 🙂

EDIT: You got an idea why these points showing the temp/fan speed sometimes show up "flying" as you can see on my screenshots?

abcdeluxe wrote:
Sorry for late reply. I didnt get a notification...

Why do you think that would change something? But anyway ill try it out and report. 🙂

EDIT: You got an idea why these points showing the temp/fan speed sometimes show up "flying" as you can see on my screenshots?

Flying dot usualy means temeprature rise od down. It's not a bug but is slow and because of that is confuzing. Simply ignore this and look down for temepratures
i5 4670K (no OC) on Sabertooth Z87, Asus GTX760 DC2OC, Corsair Vengeance 8GB @XMP 1600, Cooler Master M2 720W - Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler
WD Blue 1TB (EZEX), WD Green 2TB (EARX)

Sometimes it's confusing, because I never saw the temp high but it was nevertheless "flying"... :rolleyes:

abcdeluxe
Level 9
Again, it won't help 😞
The fan is spinning without the gpu sensor having high temps at all... (The gpu is at 0 load so there is no chance for the sensor to measure high temps)

Hi,
Thermal Radar 2 worked fine for me (Gryphon Z87) for a long time then suddenly it behaved similar to your description. The dot goes up but the rpm of the fans do not change.

I think “Display Driver Uninstaller” (DDU) removed some driver or something but I am not sure.

I fixed it like this:
Uninstalled “AISuite3_1.00.67 for Gryphon Z87”
CCleaner (register cleaning)
Installed “AISuitiii for Maximus VIII GENE” (newer but simpler version)
Tested ok
Uninstalled “AISuitiii for Maximus VIII GENE”
Installed AISuite3_1.00.67 for Gryphon Z87
Tested ok

I think a reinstall of AISuite3 is enough though. 😛

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-GENE/HelpDesk_Download/

abcdeluxe
Level 9
Hi,

thanks for the info,
at the moment I don't even know, if mine is working properly, because as long, as my computer isn't annoying me with noise, I don't even start Ai Suite :rolleyes:
I will report though, if this issue returns. This is probably the like fifth clean install, after I started this thread 😉