Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

You are going to laugh at me, but the best cooler I ever had for a HTPC system in the sitting room was the Intel Stock cooler if you are not OCing your system.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I´d though about that one... but how cannot you oc with an asus mb? It´s a temptation

While finding a better cooler I´ll give it a try, again, to speedfan..

well the thing is with a HTPC system I do not bother with OC'ng - and since I am still ranked as a Pro Bencher on HWBOT this may come as a surprise to you but I do not bother to overclock any of my day to day systems. When I am going to do some hard gaming with multicards then I OC my CPU. Once I am done, back down to defaults I go.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yep... maybe is a little overkill to have a 4770k and a 290x on the living room / htpc system

But as becoming a pc enthusiast.. I´d left all the video game systems behind... and It´s pretty amazing what a powerful pc and a 50+ inch tv can deliver

LOL so very true.

ROG Member Array

The max duty only applies when you stay under the max t° limit beyond that it will go to a 100%. If you don't want that, try using speedfan; it should override mobo control of your fans even when still using AISuite. On my CVF it switches back to mobo control the moment I open fanexpert (sensor recorder etc. don't do this). Don't know about your board, but Speedfan is able to control my CPU, CPU_OPT and Chassis fans not the OPT1.2.3 fans.
    If that doesn't work, put a 5/7/9.5V adapter on your fan, they're pretty cheap or easy to make yourself. DO keep an eye on your temps though.
    Or get another fan or cooler because it sounds like your still using the crappy stock cooler from Intel.

offtopic more or less: Can you lower the t° treshold for the user mode on the OPT fans? Most of my temps never reach more than 45°C so auto fancontrol on the OPT fans is quite useless unless I can lower those tresholds

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi, thanks for all the answers.

Im using a tx3 from coolermaster atm. Is the only one that fit on this case. But... Im applying a killer OC I use some emulators on this pc... and they benefit from the extra mhz.

I still have to try speedfan. I know it has a learning curve harder that fanxpert... not always works from scratch... but it has more options.

I think you can´t lower the threshold for cpu opt. That´s the good thing about speedfan.. you can create new relations between temps and fans (ie. system fan 1 related to cpu temp instead of mb temp, etc)

Im not sure if build again the pc based on gene vi or buy a gene vii

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2