New ROGer Array

AE code. Keeps booting into bios. legacy boot

Hey. just built my brothers pc. when i turn on the pc, it boots straight into the bios. the q code thing says ae. and i cant make it not boot into the bios. idk what to do. i've reseated the ram. i've tried multiple variations with the boot settings. ive tried clearing cmos or resetting (idk, the reset thing on the back io). help please. im lost. and my brother is pissed.

Do have anything connected that is bootable? If not booting into the UEFI is the correct behavior.

New ROGer Array

I have a 750gb samsung evo and a 2tb seagatebarracuda and a asus disc drive with a copy of windows 7 in it.

Selecting the optical drive in the boot menu (F8 during POST) containing the the Win7 install disk should allow the system to boot from the disk.

New ROGer Array

I tried this. I selected the disk drive. a black screen with a "_" flashing in the top left corner appeared for a while, then the pc went to the bios . BTW thanks for the responses. i appreciate the help

The optical disk should be shown in the menu with and without the UEFI preface. Have you tried both?

New ROGer Array

whats a uefi preface?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

That means you should just see the label of your optical drive and there will not be any text on the label of that drive that says UEFI.

Your OS disc is it a Microsoft original or one that you have burnt yourself.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.