cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Beast At Asus Republic of Gamers

Retired
Not applicable
Hello Everybody..

Well today i will be starting a new project to do with Asus Republic of Gamers and wanted to share my ideas and also get some input from the fans.. i will be using a Corsair Obsidian Series 800D for this project as it one of the bestselling cases on the market today .. So let’s take a closer look at this big boy..

13 REPLIES 13

Retired
Not applicable
So let’s move forward to the design for this project..

Complete look at the design.

Inside the case design.

Front of case design.

Top of the case design.

xeromist
So other than opening up the side window and doing paint what are your plans? Do you have anything you want to change or does it fit your needs pretty much as is?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Well i'm just looking at some artwork for the otherside as it's blank right now as you can see for the 3d picture but after thats sorted out i think that will be okay don't you think so by the way i'm looking at paint and was thinking of Nissan GTR Solid Red Paint i have also add a picture so then you get a idea of what the paint work looks like .. i think if i do anymore to it's just going to be overkill dont you think..

xeromist
It's pretty hard to do overkill. I think that as long as you have a cohesive color scheme you can customize every part if you want. This is your case so you should make it what you want.

Mainly I was just wondering if you had any plans, not saying that you should have plans.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

pcjunkie209
Level 9
Well paint is nice! And I like the paint but X is right on there is no overkill nowadays! Look at some of DarthB's work .....AWESOME!!! Take for instance my project still in the works. I paid like crazy money for my MM case and now I just got done finalizeing a mod deal with mountain mods for that case that cost more than that case did....lol!! And to top the cake if u look at my work log u would think I was almost done... After that mod with MM I'll have to start from scratch... And I'm trying to have case done by October sac lanfest. Not much time left. So there's never overkill. Like X said how do you want it?? Do u want just a plain old pc with a paint job or something that your peers will ooh and ahh over??? Food for thought.
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

pcjunkie209 wrote:
Do u want just a plain old pc with a paint job or something that your peers will ooh and ahh over??? Food for thought.

Flashy paint can draw attention so I wouldn't say it's "plain" but I think for paint to really work on a windowed case you need to color coordinate at least a couple of of the components. Use the same color dye in the water cooling loop, use red anodized fittings, and find a motherboard or graphics card with a red PCB. Those three things will really pull a mod together without breaking the bank too bad.

xeromist wrote:
Flashy paint can draw attention so I wouldn't say it's "plain" but I think for paint to really work on a windowed case you need to color coordinate at least a couple of of the components. Use the same color dye in the water cooling loop, use red anodized fittings, and find a motherboard or graphics card with a red PCB. Those three things will really pull a mod together without breaking the bank too bad.

Well I didn't mean as in case I meant like if you slapped a p-4 system in it or the likes..lol..:)! But you have a good point like re3 and color cordinated ram, nice liquid setup and so on. I am trying to stay strickly red and black and that's fun fun fun! I just put together a list at performance of new additions and it's a long list! 3x470 & 3x480 water blocks and it's endless. Wait till lanfest. I'll post more pics as I go in my worklog so you have a pretty good idea.
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

Retired
Not applicable
More so a paint job than a mod. But a means of out of the box thinking and to possibly inspire more ideas.

Retired
Not applicable
Victus wrote:
More so a paint job than a mod. But a means of out of the box thinking and to possibly inspire more ideas.

Well Thank you so much Vicus that looks sick really does and maybe i will just do that with this case... thank you so much everybody for some great ideas ...