cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX 9370 on Formula-Z (Stock settings | Max stable settings)

Nepty
Level 9
Hello.
I was hoping that my shipment arrived yesterday, seems im getting it on Monday.
Do you guys know what settings i need to put on Voltages on the CPU and on the motherboard so i dont fry it by putting it on Auto settings?
I dont want to fry the chip or the motherboard with this CPU.
Post all the relevant information to make it stable, i would appreciate it 🙂
MOBO | ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA
CPU | Intel i9-10850K
COOLER | Corsair iCUE H115i ELITE CAPELLIX's)
RAM | G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 64GB 3200Mhz (3800MHz OC) (F4-3200C14D-32GTZR)
GPU |
ASUS ROG Strix LC RTX 4090 OC
HDD |
Kingston FURY Renegade e M.2 2TB
PSU |
ASUS ROG THOR 1200

CASE |
ASUS ROG Strix Helios White
OS |
Windows 11 Pro 64bit

Monitor |
Asus 48'' 4K PG48UQ x2
17 REPLIES 17

Poco_OM
Level 10
It will be set to auto unless you manually change it.
What you will want to do is select to DOCP setting so you can select the XMP profile for your ram. This will set it to default manufactures timings and voltages. That is all you should need to do to run at stock.

Well I have the fx-9590 on a formula-z board and all I had to do was make sure my bios was new enough and that's it. Cpu runs fine. Overclocking it is turning out to be a pain tho. It needs soooo much voltage and my swiftech H320 can keep it cool

PSU: Antec Platinum 1000watt
CPU: AMD FX-9590 currently, 1100T BE still around
CPU cooler: Swiftech H320
Mobo: Crosshair V formula-Z Bios 2101
Ram: Kingston hyper x beast 16gb [KHX18C10T3K2/16X]
VGA: 2x Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb WF3 oc
Case: Cooler master HAF-X
Keyboard: Logitech G710+
Mouse: Logitech G700s
Screen: Asus VG248QE
Hdd 1: SanDisk 240gb OS
Hdd 2: OCZ agility 3 60gb
Hdd 3: WD Black 1tb
Optical drive: Asus dvd\blue ray cheapy

jeremiah wrote:
Well I have the fx-9590 on a formula-z board and all I had to do was make sure my bios was new enough and that's it. Cpu runs fine. Overclocking it is turning out to be a pain tho. It needs soooo much voltage and my swiftech H320 can keep it cool

That also seems to be the case with my 9590, anything over 5.2 GHz stable just does not seem possible. Also ironically it seems to overclock better with turbo on rather than off.

Nepty
Level 9
Okey, thanks for both of you for your inputs.
Then i might just leave it Stock with Turbo enabled then.
Got so much cooling on my 7870 crossfire (19 degrees on 100% fan) and (FX 8120 on 4414MhZ at 20 degrees idle and 54 degrees on load).
Hope the FX 9xxx series would not run hotter than that 🙂
CPU | Intel i9-10850K
GPU |
HDD |
PSU |
ASUS ROG THOR 1200

CASE |
OS |
Windows 11 Pro 64bit

Monitor |
Asus 48'' 4K PG48UQ x2

DisturbedJim83
Level 7
Hello thought I'd pose a question of my own as its relevant to the thread I'm also going for the same Motherboard and Processor as Nepty late December/Early January although mine will be isnide an Aerocool Mechatron case (Black/Red) planning on using my Corsair GS800 PSU till I can upgrade to a AX1200i or similar. will be using my 1GB 6770 till I upgrade to a R9 290 in Febuary. I was planning on using a Noctua NH-D14 but I'm concerned about clearing issues with the DIMM and Graphics cards slots as I plan on running 2 R9 290's at some point and the memory I use is Corsair Vengeance (non LP) I didn't want to use a Corsair H100i as from the reviews I have seen of it its quite loud under load compared to the Noctua, my other alternate was the Akasa AK-CC4008HP01 Venom Voodoo CPU Cooler, coupled with a BitFenix Spectre Pro 200mm in the roof of the case and 2 120 Bitfenix Spectre Pro's running extraction on the rear and bottom of the case.

Apologies for the Wall of Text in Advance, so my question is twofold:

(1) Is the proposed setup( GS 800 PSU, Akasa CPU Cooler and BitFenix Fans) going to be sufficient to power and cool the system including a single R9 290 as that next on my list before an Ax1200i followed by a second R9 290.

(2) Would either the Akasa of Noctua coolers be capable of cooling this CPU overclocked, or should i get the H100i and put up with the louder noise and in most of the reviews 2-7 Degrees C higher temps, The reason I ask is because I've only seen the aforementioned coolers tested on the FX-8 8350 which from what I have read doesnt heat up as much as the 9370 and 9590.

P.S It would be nice to know if some has installed the Noctua NH-D14 on this mobo and not had any clearance issues with the DIMM or Graphics slots because I'm torn between the two Heatsink coolers as both fit inside the Mechatron case I'm ordering also just incase someone needs to know I'm running a Seagate barracuda and WD Blue hard drives both Mechanical and 500GB along with a external 2TB WD passport drive.

Nepty
Level 9
The 290X draws around 400Watts in Uber mode.
Im going to get the Hydro Series H90, its quiter and alot better then H80.
There isnt much difference from the H100, if you have a case that has alot of fans H90 is perfect.
They say the minimum requirements for the cooler is Noctua NH-D14 or H80, but go for a cooler with Radiator on this CPU.
And think the FX 9370 will draw max 350watt under load.
So there isnt alot of room for other devices, if you dont OC anything i think it will be okey.

But this is my opinion, and im not that experienced on FX9xxx series power draw or the 290X (just saw some footage on benchamrks some time ago).
CPU | Intel i9-10850K
GPU |
HDD |
PSU |
ASUS ROG THOR 1200

CASE |
OS |
Windows 11 Pro 64bit

Monitor |
Asus 48'' 4K PG48UQ x2

DisturbedJim83 wrote:

(1) Is the proposed setup( GS 800 PSU, Akasa CPU Cooler and BitFenix Fans) going to be sufficient to power and cool the system including a single R9 290 as that next on my list before an Ax1200i followed by a second R9 290.

(2) Would either the Akasa of Noctua coolers be capable of cooling this CPU overclocked, or should i get the H100i and put up with the louder noise and in most of the reviews 2-7 Degrees C higher temps, The reason I ask is because I've only seen the aforementioned coolers tested on the FX-8 8350 which from what I have read doesnt heat up as much as the 9370 and 9590.

P.S It would be nice to know if some has installed the Noctua NH-D14 on this mobo and not had any clearance issues with the DIMM or Graphics slots because I'm torn between the two Heatsink coolers as both fit inside the Mechatron case I'm ordering also just incase someone needs to know I'm running a Seagate barracuda and WD Blue hard drives both Mechanical and 500GB along with a external 2TB WD passport drive.

The power supply will be sufficient in the meantime. Not sure if the D14 will be able to cool it when overclocked but at stock frequency you should have no problem. As for the RAM, the Vengeance will not fit under the D14.

Nepty wrote:

Im going to get the Hydro Series H90, its quiter and alot better then H80.
There isnt much difference from the H100, if you have a case that has alot of fans H90 is perfect.
They say the minimum requirements for the cooler is Noctua NH-D14 or H80, but go for a cooler with Radiator on this CPU.

If you're going to use a closed loop liquid system, please make sure you have one or two fans cooling your VRMs. 😉

jeremiah
Level 9
Well if u plan on using a 9370 or 9590 you probably alright given that your case has good ventilation. I'm having a tough time keeping my 9590 cool while overclocking with a swiftech H320

POCO: what kinda setting do u have for your 5.2ghz if you don't mind me asking

PSU: Antec Platinum 1000watt
CPU: AMD FX-9590 currently, 1100T BE still around
CPU cooler: Swiftech H320
Mobo: Crosshair V formula-Z Bios 2101
Ram: Kingston hyper x beast 16gb [KHX18C10T3K2/16X]
VGA: 2x Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb WF3 oc
Case: Cooler master HAF-X
Keyboard: Logitech G710+
Mouse: Logitech G700s
Screen: Asus VG248QE
Hdd 1: SanDisk 240gb OS
Hdd 2: OCZ agility 3 60gb
Hdd 3: WD Black 1tb
Optical drive: Asus dvd\blue ray cheapy

jeremiah wrote:

POCO: what kinda setting do u have for your 5.2ghz if you don't mind me asking

A lot, there really is not a lot left to tweak with my system unless I get some new parts.
Here is a few you can look at due to the skill of those super staff on this site and at Asus.
http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/?Laptop=all&CPU=amd&gpu=all&Core=all
Just click the scores it will give you a run down of the settings used, you can also compare your own to mine, or Sol's :).

On a side note those VRM's will need cooling with a fan at least as rightly pointed out by Chino, I am hoping to add a water block for mine soon to see if this is what is limiting this CPU, or if it just at its limit. I have never liked how hot they get on this board!

Those scores in RB2 were done with a H55 from corsair, upgrading to my 360 custom water loop may help with the heat, but I do not think it will help with getting much more on my scores.