cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My g46v is not powering on at all?

sidse
Level 7
Hello, I would like some advice on what to do with my ROG laptop G46V.
My laptop was working fine, then one day after being put into sleep mode it never came back on. It is completely off, when I try plugging in the cable is as if the cable was not there. The cable is working fine I had tested it with another Asus computer.

I read online about the trick of taking out the battery and pressing the powerbutton however this is not possible since the battery is built inside the computer.
This happened once before when i had just bought it about 7 -8 months ago, but after a day it came back on. This time its been over a week and still nothing...

Any advice would be awesome thank you in advance 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

Pitcher1
Level 9
please sent to service center to check it.

If you are still under warranty, send it to the Service Center. I had no issues whatsoever. I got it back not even a week after I shipped, and they did really solid work. As a professional, I was extremely impressed.

Here is a link to the RMA Request form: http://www.service.asus.com/#!rma-request/cope. It's painless and could end up solving your woes.

If you understand how to take apart a computer and if you find a good teardown of the G46 on the internet do it yourself. I waited 1 month before they sent my G55 back due to a BIOS brick. I guess its different for each country, but unless you live in the USA i think you will be waiting a lot. In my opinion it is a BIOS related issue, but I strongly recommend you to stay out of it if that is the case. ASUS don't have a good record of building quality BIOSs for their gaming series. Just read through the forum for posts of people bricking their machines by updating their BIOS.

P.S. Sorry for double post. The site wouldn't let me edit the first one for some reason.

It is clearly not a BIOS issue.
It is completely off, when I try plugging in the cable is as if the cable was not there.
A BIOS issue would not cause this kind of problem, as the LED indicators do not rely on the BIOS to work. BIOS is completely irrelevant when the machine is powered off. Either the board is fried, the battery is shot, or the power jack is busted. This is most likely a hardware issue.

Do not, I repeat, do not take apart your machine, as you will void your warranty. Unless you're already out of warranty, in which case you can do as you please. However, if you want any support from Asus whatsoever, I would strongly advise not cracking the case open at all.

ggBanks
Level 10
If you understand how to take apart a computer and if you find a good teardown of the G46 on the internet do it yourself. I waited 1 month before they sent my G55 back due to a BIOS brick. I guess its different for each country, but unless you live in the USA i think you will be waiting a lot.