cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG connect (can't get it to work on WIFI)

bullydog
Level 7
Hi

Has anyone managed to get ROG connect to work? I've installed the respective ROG connect and connect plus software, installed the adapter to my motherboard. At the same time on my iphone4 device I've added the IP address of my desktop and tried to connect but for some reasons it always tells me that it is unable to establish a connection.

Note that my Maximus desktop and iPhone4 is connected to the same LAN and WIFI network

Thanks in advance for your help
| Caselabs S8 | AirPlex Radical 2x 360 + 2x MCP655 | 5820k | AX 1.2kw | R5E | Corsair Dominator 3k | 2x Asus Strix 1080 SLI |
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
I'm confused, are you trying to get bluetooth working? Anyway, make sure to check out Brian@ASUS's thread:
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?541-ROG-Connect-on-iphone-and-ipad-now-available!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I'm confused, are you trying to get bluetooth working? Anyway, make sure to check out Brian@ASUS's thread:
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?541-ROG-Connect-on-iphone-and-ipad-now-available!

Hi xeromist, I'm trying to get it working via Wifi not bluetooth.
| Caselabs S8 | AirPlex Radical 2x 360 + 2x MCP655 | 5820k | AX 1.2kw | R5E | Corsair Dominator 3k | 2x Asus Strix 1080 SLI |

xeromist
I guess I'm ignorant. I didn't even know that was possible. I thought it was Bluetooth only for phones and USB or WiFi for other PC's.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I guess I'm ignorant. I didn't even know that was possible. I thought it was Bluetooth only for phones and USB or WiFi for other PC's.

I might be wrong, i'm not 100%. i thought there was always 3 options for use to use? USB, BlueTooth and WIFI? U might be right that bluetooth only works for phones and USB/WIFI for PC

Steven_belfast
Level 7
As far as i know / seen its only Usb or Bluetooth
| Asus Maximus IV Extreme | Intel 2600K | Corsair Hydro H100i GTX |
| XFX Radeon R9 290X Black Edition | G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB |
| Corsair Force Series 3 120GB | Corsair Obsidian 800D (6GB/s) |
| Corsair Professional Series AX1200 |

Ferosin
Level 9
Just bluetooth and usb

bullydog
Level 7
Hi Everyone thank you for the confirmation, that explains why.