cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Wake on Lan on G46?

camu
Level 7
Hello!

I have been trying to get Wake on Lan to work on my G46VW.

I've read on different forums, including this one, that it is possible.
I'm running into a couple of strange problems, from which the biggest problem is that... it doesn't work.

Things I've done so far:
I've port forwarded UDP port 9 in my router to my G46.
I've allowed UDP port 9 in my windows firewall + my Symantec Endpoint Protection firewall settings.
For testing I've disabled my WiFi card so it always connects using the LAN.
I've always got the laptop connected with the AC adapter.
And here is a big picture with the different settings I've set:

Things I've achieved:
It now works from sleep only. But I know it should be possible to work from a complete shut down.

Weird things that happened:
Sometimes after going to sleep or hibernate mode (and trying to send packet without any respond), all the settings in the Power Management Tab (first image) have been unchecked again.

The only thing I can think of is upgrading my BIOS version if there is even an update available for it?
The version I currently have is 210.
Does anybody else have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

TokoDude
Level 10
You got the latest version of you're LAN card?

(XD why you use Windows 2000 or the style?)
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

Do you mean LAN drivers?
I've been switching between drivers lately because I sometimes get large connection drops (connection goes from 40mb to less than 1 mb) but I'm not completely sure yet if that is a driver problem or not.

I'm using win7 and CURRENTLY I am using windows 8 drivers. But there is actually no difference between the win7 and win8 drivers.
Asus says there are no windows7 drivers for this card, but I can easily find them on the Intel website.

I guess I could try to change back to win7 drivers and see if that will work.

I like minimal themes, dont judge 😛

camu
Level 7
Bump for edit.