cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JX Disk problems - clicking sound

silver87
Level 7
Hi there,

I wanted to share, the problem, that I am currently facing - maybe someone can help me.

I have bought my g750jx 1,5 month ago. Since then I had problems with the 1TB Hitachi Disk drive. This disk has strange clicking sound (probably the sound of disk head parking). It clicks one time each 5-10 sec and repeats this scheme multiple times and then stops. I can have 2 hours of silence and then the problem reoccurs. (FYI this is the same sound which, you hear from the disk when computer is switched off). It is worth to mention, that my computer works pretty fine with no lags etc, for now....

I made check with HD Tune Pro. It points out, that (C7) Ultra DMA CRC Error Count has status "attention" and, that problems, that I seem to have may be connected with damaged cable.

Have anyone had similar problem with the disk? Do you think I should return it on warranty?
2 REPLIES 2

Pitcher1
Level 9
i suggest you return it, becasue we don't know when will damage, but if you don't mine, it is ok.

Do you happen to know what is the name of DOS program for checking Asus G750 Hitachi Hard Drives? I tried to use SeaTools from Seagate but it does not recongnize this disk.

I know, that during warranty claim, they check disks with DOS tools. Just wanted to avoid situation when HD tune shows errors and DOS checks will be all ok.