cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JX Performance

DvlDanny
Level 7
Hello there,

So I have just bought Asus 17.3'' G750JX-T4122D, FHD, Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz) Haswell, 8GB, 750GB + 8GB SSH, GeForce GTX 770M 3GB, Black".

I would like to know why does it still goes like glitchy and still lags when I play other games on ultra(with like antialiasing off and vsync off in game) such as Battlefield 4 and doesn't go smoothly. When I put it on High it goes pretty well but not as good as expected.
I mean GTX 770M is a really good video card but I don't know why does it still lags.
Or is it suppose to be like this?(I don't really think so).
Any settings recommendations for the graphics card properties or so? Or any other suggestions?
I really would like to know because I paid 1700$ for it and I was expecting to get everything moving smoothly at this price.
My video card is also up to date.

Anyhow, I heard that GPU Tweak Asus would be helpful but I am not used to this kind of app so what do you think may be the best settings for it ? I have downloaded the 2.4.9.2 version and when I press Tuning I only see GPU Clock(Mhz)which is set as 797 as default and Memory Click(Mhz) which is also set 4008 as default.
Any suggestions about this?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
Danny
1 REPLY 1

grafster
Level 7
I had exactly the same problem with G750 JX too (Virtually the same spec except mine has 2x 750 GB drives).

I'd bought Just Cause 2 in the steam sale, and was getting about 12 FPS no matter what the settings, and even Minion Rush (which is a tablet app really) was running jerkily. The way I solved it on mine was to run GPU Tweak, and set it to 932Mhz GPU Clock and 5000 Mhz Memory clock. I then reran the Just Cause 2 benchmark and it ran at 54 fps. I then turned it back down the the minimums (797/4008), and reran the test again and it ran at around 40 fps, and Minion Rush seemed a lot smoother too. Maybe the same would work for you too