cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch between multiple GPUs

izedgo
Level 7
I have two ASUS R9 270x, but in GPU Tweak I only see one card.
How to control voltage on the second card?
Moving mouse under GPU name not works.

Thanks!
24 REPLIES 24

izedgo
Level 7
New version 2.5.0.4 exits with error after run! :mad:

BronzeMFP
Level 7
I don't think gpu tweak can switch between cards at the moment. I read in another thread on this forum that the gpu tweak team is looking into this. Keep your fingers crossed.
I ran into this problem because i have an AMD gpu for graphics and an nvidia card for physx. When i open gpu tweak, only the nvidia card is shown. It's frustrating, but only time will tell if asus fixes this.

Unfortunately no voltage support 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would suggest that you use Afterburner or PrescionX
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
With AB there is, you do have to enable the unofficial voltage support - but I do not have your card so can not test this.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I've tried to change "Unlock voltage control" in settings, but voltage slider is still disabled...
Only GPU Tweak can control voltage for now.

Thanks!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nope you have to enable unoffical AMD voltage support.

You need to alter the following:
Seek UnofficialOverclockingEULA field and add following text:
I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
Set UnofficialOverclockingMode to 1 to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs), 2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay or to 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path

:cool: finally I did it!

I ran AB with /i2cd command line option, for scan i2c bus for address of voltage CHiL CHL8228 chip (Digi+ VRM).
After scan complete message, you can see "i2cdump.txt" file in AF folder.

Scroll file to find this lines:

Scanning I2C bus 1...
Probing device 30...
24 99 D7 A9 D7 60 FA 30 00 08 83 00 65 7F 00 97 ...

So chip's address located at 1:30h (bus 1, device 30h).

Then open hardware profile (AB folder/Profiles/VEN_1002...cfg) and put this lines:

[Settings]
VDDC_CHL8228_Detection = 1:30h

This settings valid for R9 270X, CHL8228, to find your chip's name use AIDA64.

Then run AB, it will show you message for reboot (I selected "No").

Voila! Voltage unlocked!

where in AIDA64 can you see the chip's name?