cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic issues - Still no fix?

Serial77
Level 7
A perfectly working microphone sounds really low and with a lot of noise on a clean win 7 64 bit install using the latest drivers provided by Asus for the Maximus VI Hero (Realtek_Audio_Win7-8_8-1_VER6017023)

Nothing has been overlooked (volume levels, boosts, noise canceling...)

No known software settings alter this behavior (many tricks out there, none work).

Uninstalling drivers and using windows generic does not solve the issue.

Drivers seem bugged as they don't overwrite some windows settings (view youtube link below)

You can find many posts online where people seem to be confusing the error with the typical problems of a muted mic, boost not enabled, etc... and end up concluding that the problem is in the mic itself. Well, it's not. My mic works fine on my laptop and on my wife's desktop.

All this fuzz about such a great Audio device on-board and the drivers are the messiest thing I've seen in years, hard to believe this is actually shipped like this. Also something tells me devs themselves have issues as I noticed in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=mLc_hGbqOt4

So what's the deal here? Disable in bios and install old Sound Blaster?
49 REPLIES 49

Serial77
Level 7
Bump.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have bumped this upstairs.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Have bumped this upstairs.

Thank you HiVizMan! 🙂

I have also posted a proper support ticket to ASUS with the complete hardware specifications and I'm currently waiting for a reply. If I get a solution to this problem I will report back with the information to help others out.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please do mate, the reason I do not post or try and fix any kind of sound issues is simple. It is not an area I am familiar or qualified to engage with. So bump it upstairs is all I can do.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

CSN7
Level 7
Any news?

F2Black
Level 7
Hi,

I'm having the same issue - Headset (Razer Carcharias) works fine in old comp and in my laptop but my new system with the Maximus VI Hero the mic volume is very low and no matter what i do it really doesn't get any better.

Ominous_Penguin
Level 7
ASUS, is this being actively investigated?

I have the same issue. It seems like a common fault.

I received this board yesterday,
But have the same problem when I talk in teamspeak everyone hear a noise like wing everytime I speak, it's very anoying I already tried to change all the settings and nothing, before I had a Maximus Formula I and never had any issues like that... 😞

Camo'n Asus fix this crap...
Specs: PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core Edition | CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K | COOLER: CoolerMaster EVO 212 | MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero Z87 C2 | SOUNDCARD: Asus Supreme FX| RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 | GPU: MSI GTX760 2Gb OC Gaming | MONITOR: Samsung 19" 1440*900@75HZ/32" 1280*720@60HZ | HDD: Samsung 840 Evo 120Gb + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | MOUSE: Steelseries Rival | HEADPHONES: Razer Barracuda 5.1 | SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

Ominous_Penguin
Level 7
Bump.
It would be good to have some word from on high about this.