cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74 strange issues?

mrfox123
Level 7
I recently got a Asus G74 but it seems to have some issues allready 😕

First for me is that the only fn keys that work for me is the fn+f1 for sleepmode and fn+f5-6 for the screen while everything else is innactive. So im unable to turn on the keyboard lighting or change the sound while gaming.

The 2nd issue i got seems to be that my windows explorer.exe crashes when i try to enter my computer. this seems to happen randomly and once it gave me the message thatmy computer dont have enough memory to run explorer.exe:(

Any one here knows how to fix these issues?
22 REPLIES 22

mrfox123
Level 7
Just to add the Laptop is completely new.
I have only programs i have installedso far is (Helgate london, starcraft, wow, AoC, scype, steam, Ccleaner and speccy)

The keyboard seemed to work perfectly when i first started up the computer and had not issues until recently.

And the only update my laptop dont have installed yet is a security update to prevent id thieft.

Remember one thing now.
After restarting the laptop for the first time i recived a message (if i recall corectly) was talking about
Configuring Desktop or smething. it was in a small box and shortly after the desctop appeared.

havent seen the box since.

After reading through similar errors with the explorer.exe i tried to disable web storage without any succes:(

GHAA!!! now i really need help sine explorer.exe just entered a damn loop crashing:(

Ok the damn loop stopped...
So how do i reinstall the laptop? since that seems to be the best solution for me now...

My desctop coours have been reduced to basic and my screen got a small white box in the middle-.-

and now i did not have the crash issue after turning on web storage and restart the laptop again wht?...

oh god my first thread here and i have spammed myself down... sorry i get easly frustrated when something new doesnt work like it should.:(

Ok seems the explorer.exe issue was resolved after uninsatlling web storage...
🙂
But i still got problems with the keyboard keys not function like they should...
😞

Retired
Not applicable
Reinstall to factory is easy as pie. Reboot and push F8 during boot I think. It's all over the net how to reinstall an asus laptop to out of box state. Google it or look on forums here for detailed procedure. Remember there are risks, but the slick brand new feel is worth it I think. The method used for most asus laptops should apply to our G74 as well. Have fun and hope everything works fine after a clean install. It takes a,while so grab a beer!

Chastity
Level 10
Reboot and hit F9 to do the factory install 😉
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]