cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic dosent work under Teamspeak and Skype

MRBULL
Level 10
microphone dosent work in teamspeak and Skype , I do have the xonar gadget plugged in to the sound card and headset plugged to the gadget , only in windows playback device I can see the mic works ... anyone have a fix for this issue?

using Sennheiser PC 350 Special edition headset
Logitech z906 speakers
4 REPLIES 4

MRBULL
Level 10
I'll wait a day or 2 before returning this sound card . if anyone have a fix please let me know asap !

MRBULL
Level 10
After unplugging it from my sound card , closing Skype and teamspeak Re opening Skype and TeamSpeak , then plugging back the dongle

it worked .. I then unplugged it and repluged it and it did the same , so I had to restart both program .. weird stuff !!!

cx-ray
Level 12
I'm not sure whether this is a Windows thing or application specific. It's not uncommon however. You might be able to adjust this behavior through the Sound control panel -> Recording tab -> Microphone Properties -> Advanced tab. Try disabling "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". It may also help to manually set the Teamspeak Capture Device. Look for it in Options -> Capture. Change it from Default to what your mic is.

kkn
Level 14
in ts you have to choose the right input device or it will not work.
as default they will chose window and nothing else even if you have a soundcard.
if you are using soundcard and nothing else go in to bios and disable onboard sound if you have the optoon and see how that is.
and remove all audio drivers for motherboard.
see if that does the trick and if not then i dont know.