Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Hi, I have an update. Today I have received the g73jh heatsink and I have tested it in my g53. It seems good on the side of the gpu card: I have not yet the card, but it seems to fit properly. Heatpipes don't need any mod, but sadly adding the motherboard in the chassis there is a problem and need to be solved with a dremel or something like that. The part I have to cut is unused by any screw. I attach a pic to document my work.
    Now only the card is needed and maybe I have found it at a good price.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4584.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	602.3 KB 
ID:	36473

The major reason I would be cautious of modding the case right there is that is part of the bracket system that hold the top half of the case (and thus the notebook lid) on. Otherwise, keep up the good work, and I hope to see the results soon!
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Member Array

I have ordered the 770m from the USA, an alienware board; probably it takes the same time of the heatsink to arrive.

jmhdj, have you already the vbios for the 770m? is it the same you used in your g73 or needs some modification?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Hi. I have couple vbioses already just give me a pm when you recieve your gpu and are ready.

ROG Member Array

thread update: board received; now I'm busy, but next week I will begin the work

ROG Member Array

Dear followers, I successfully mod the chassis. Here it is:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4743.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	738.4 KB 
ID:	37740
    Unfortunately, when I reassembled the laptop, a small piece of metal remained on the motherboard and, when I plug the power in, it fried the motherboard . Now I'm waiting for an used one from a china vendor...it arrives in one month I think. As soon as it arrives I continue my work. Stay tuned for updates.

Any news yet? Did you recieved new motherboard? Be very careful and double check new motherboard for phisical damages. I bought 3 motherboards from china and all had some defects like missing capacitors or smal smd parts that vere partialy unsoldered by force from board.

ROG Member Array

banditopazzo, hi m8) Im following you project from beginning. Good luck!!! If it is not secret, what price of card

ROG Member Array

jmhdj was your 680m was it a green pcb aswell? or was it blue? i was looking back over your posts and cant find a pic... didnt you said it was 4gb? i havent seen a 4gb green pcb from dell or are msi green & 4gb ? thanks

Yes first one was 4gb and it was from msi and was green pcb. I sold that one long time ago and buyed brand new 2gb from dell also green pcb. Msi had samsung memory chips and dell has Hynix ones so I had to mod vbios aditionaly to made dell card work properly as for memory clocks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast