Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Member Array

hello to all, I'm back, I've received the motherboard today due to the strict Italian customs. today or tomorrow I restart the work.

to Zulus-007: the price of the motherboard is 105 euro, while for the 770m I spent 236 euro. both were used

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by banditopazzo View Post
    hello to all, I'm back, I've received the motherboard today due to the strict Italian customs. today or tomorrow I restart the work.

to Zulus-007: the price of the motherboard is 105 euro, while for the 770m I spent 236 euro. both were used
    Thanks for info and waiting your posts!

ROG Member Array

Hi to all, after these days of "holidays" I finally updated the thread. The used mainboard I have taken to repair my PC is also a faulty one so I could not try anything. honestly all this is boring me and I'm losing my patience; because for return the motherboard the shipping cost is 40 euro and I have to wait 20 days in order that the board arrive in china and other 30 days minimum to have another used one in my hand. So I don't know my next move, I am very undecided.

quoting jmhdj:
    "My suggestion is sell laptop and invest some more money and get something upgradeable if thats your route for future"
    -this is the best advice I have ever received and maybe the right choice form the beginning-

however I'll be in touch in the next days. goodnight to all

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Hello. Sorry to read that you find my advice as best one especialy now. But that said it is something you should anticipated to some degree as like with everything else in life exploring uncharted teritories are always to bring ups and downs so dont give up just yet :=)
    What is wrong with motherboard from ebay? Best way I find to test new components is to conect only necessary things when testing it for first time in that way eliminating some other componetns/flat cables/connectors that may get damaged during dissasemby/asembling.
    Have motherboard on table outside of chasis with only ram, cpu ,gpu, screen and power connected is easiest way to test new parts.
    PS. with motherboard I mean heatsinks and fans atached to it.
    Last edited by jmhdj; 08-21-2014 at 11:38 AM.

ROG Member Array

Don`T give up, m8) banditopazzo

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Looks like he hsa given up since he does not come back with any updates by now. It is sad but people are not aware how smallest mistake can spoil all work and cost you much money. One small bite of grinding residue was enough to destroy his project

ROG Member Array

Hi guys, sorry fot not updating the thread, but I did have any big news in these months and every step I have made took many days. Summarizing I decided to resend back the faulty mainboard even if the paypal protection was ended up days before I sent the package. So 40 euro and 14 days to arrive in china. The vendor took a week to send another mainboard; Ok I waited. 22 days later I received a package, a small package; I opened it and inside there was a 5 ports usb 2.0 hub. I contacted the vendor and he said there was an "error" in shipping and the he asked me to send it back again. I was sure it was a scam and I didn't do anything; Then I bought another mainboard from another seller (120 euro) but I haven't received any tracking number and the shipping icon on ebay was not checked so I have opened a paypal dispute. After that, the seller contacted me saying that the product was out of stock and he didn't make me the rufund, but he suggested me to escalate the dispute to a claim to receive money from paypal service. So I have done that, but I have not received the money yet, I have to wait few days more.

But in the meanwhile I have bought an used clevo 370sm barebone with 4700mq without vga. So I have used the 770m and the ram, ssd, hdd, odd, wifi card from the g53 to finish to assemble the clevo. I finished the job yesterday.

Officially I gave up and I abandoned the project. In future I continue to buy ROG desktop products, but from this experience surely I don't buy a ROG notebook if ASUS dosen't create more upgreadable machines, CPU and GPU upgreadable, the MXM standard is a must for me.

I would like to thank all those who supported me, in particular jmhdj.

P.S.: Now I'm selling the G53sx parts, all body parts, the 2670qm, fullHD display, AC charger, ecc. missing parts are: ram, hdd, odd, wifi card.
    If someone is interested, can contact me via pm\email.

ROG Member Array

Hi everyone, first post! Sorry I'm necroing a thread that's a few years old, but I got a G53JW I want to upgrade.

I'm planning to use an i7 920xm. Will that mean I have to upgrade my 150W power supply?

For the video card, I'd like one that would go well with my processor. Is the GTX 770M still the ideal choice in this regard?

If temperature is an issue, I am willing to slap on a couple desktop heatsinks, powered separately. I don't plan on moving it around, and I really don't care about how it looks. As far as I'm concerned, I can have the board sit inside a cardboard box.

For the bios changes, I am completely helpless, but I can compensate anyone who is willing to do the work for me

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5