cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get an expalination of Q-code AA for Crosshair V F..Z. are all codes bad?

WKBeaty1
Level 7
I will try to be more specific -

I just assembled a new system using the Crosshair V Formula-Z with an approved AMD processor and approved memory.

The system appears to run fine but I have the Q-code of AA on the MB. I have been unable to get an answer now for 4 days from tech support if this is acceptable or not? I can read the code in the user's manual:

- AA - System transitioned into ACPI mode. Interrupt controller is in APIC mode.

OK is this a normal status and warning status or an all is good code?

Are there good and bad Q-codes or are they all indicating an abnormality or the bad state of something?

My in-store warranty runs out in 5 days and I have gotten 4 different answered for ASUS tech line. 3 of the 4 told me to just take it back and get a new board but could not tell me if it was an issue or not.

How hard can it be to answer this question by the company making the board?

WKB
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi WKBeaty1 🙂

AA means all is OK and the BIOS has handed over to the OS.

None of the codes are really bad...nor are they error codes really. They are boot codes and just tell you where in the boot cycle the board is. If your board is stopping at one of them you can use this info to see where in the boot a failure is occurring but that doesn't make the code and error code if you see what I mean.

Thank you Arne!

Now why do the ASUS technicians not know this? This has cost me way more time than the board cost! I have been sent on wild goose chase after wild goose chase by the help line folks!!! One told me it was a bad power system problem!

Thanks Again!!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Your welcome!

Hmm good question....

I heard that when the recession started Wonka had to close the chocolate factory and many umpa lumpas migrated to tech support....but that might just be a scurrilous rumour...

😄

HiVizMan
Level 40
Call centre operators do not equal technicians sadly.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.