cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 JX + 32 GB of free lifetime WebStorage?

Bekarasha
Level 7
Hello,

After activating my WebStorage I've got this message saying "Expiration Date:2016-12-18"
How can I make it lifetime?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

hmscott
Level 12
Bekarasha wrote:
Hello,

After activating my WebStorage I've got this message saying "Expiration Date:2016-12-18"
How can I make it lifetime?
Thanks.

Shuffle off this Mortal Coil, on or before 2016-12-18 🙂

Register your laptop for support, and file a Technical Inquiry with Asus Support:
https://account.asus.com/info.aspx

Just registering your laptop might be enough 🙂

hmscott wrote:
Just registering your laptop might be enough 🙂

Funny is that I did register my laptop 1st day when I bought it. Than I opened WebStorage pre-installed program on laptop, did try to log in with my existed account but it gives me error message. What I did is, I created a new account with same email that I use to login on account.asus.com So what can it be?

Bekarasha wrote:
Funny is that I did register my laptop 1st day when I bought it. Than I opened WebStorage pre-installed program on laptop, did try to log in with my existed account but it gives me error message. What I did is, I created a new account with same email that I use to login on account.asus.com So what can it be?

File a Technical Inquiry with Asus, and they can answer the question.

If there is a support contact for the Webstorage, look to the site for it, then ask them.

Please come back and post the answer when you have found it 🙂

CamainDK
Level 7
Lifetime webstorage is a hoax, or as they like to call it, an error
I fell for it also, ended up in contacting the Webstorage support.
Was told it was a 3 year offer, they asked me to supply pictures of the webpage stating it was lifetime, did so and got 5 years in total for helping out.
Dont think the webpage has changed though (danish page)

Regards

Jesper B
My opinions are my own, I do not work for Asus or any other manufacturer of computers or computer parts. I do not speak on behalf of anybody, but myself.
//Blessed are the cheesemakers

pombocom
Level 7
I just registered my Serial Number at account.asus.com its under "My Account" after that my 32GB's of storage opened up. I also had to download the websync client from https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=https%3A%2...

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think asus webstorage is complementary when you buy asus product. if you need external use life, you can buy it.

Bekarasha
Level 7
Well I'm currently disappointed.

1- Asus itself and Asus WebStorage it's two different companies, why they have "Asus" in titles I do not understand. They send me two times to different support sites, because they do not have one data base where they can find me and my details.

2- It was mistake on official Asus product page about lifetime storage. Support answer "The information you have provided was the typo. We have asked the website maintaining team to correct it in July, 2013. The correct information for the bundle term is 32GB/3years. We thank you for your kindly reminding again and will keep improving our advertisement seriously." Come on guys such a big company cannot correct mistake for 5 month and now I'm unhappy because I thought I could use WebStorage for my photography project, looks like no.