cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW Missing lots of keystrokes

Drekthun
Level 7
Title says it all. Just purchased a new G750JW and immediately noticed I was constantly missing keystrokes regardless of typing speed.

When I update the driver software for the keyboard in my device manager, it says everything is up to date.

Suggestions for fixes? I'm not the most tech savvy person.
5 REPLIES 5

hmscott
Level 12
Drekthun wrote:
Title says it all. Just purchased a new G750JW and immediately noticed I was constantly missing keystrokes regardless of typing speed.
When I update the driver software for the keyboard in my device manager, it says everything is up to date.
Suggestions for fixes? I'm not the most tech savvy person.

When I updated to the newest Asus branded Realtek drive I had that problem, I could type 2-3 words ahead, I uninstalled it and reinstalled 6.0.1.7040 downloaded from Asus:

So far that is the only thing I have seen that causes keyboard lag... please let us know if you find something else that causes it.

PentiumCore
Level 7
Oh wow, I thought I was just going crazy.

This is one thing that was/is constantly happening to me every few weeks. And its NOT lag related. It simple misses letters, spaces, everything. I have to press the missing key a bunch of times for it to read.

Very weird.
Asus G750JW (Poverty Spec)
17" 1600x900 - 4700HQ - 8GB RAM - 2GB GTX765M GPU

GAMING RIG 2013:
Asus P9X79, i7 3930K, 8GB RAM, GTX780 s/c, 256GB SSD)

GAMING RIG 2006:
Pentium D Extreme Edition 965 (3.8Ghz, 1066MHz, 65nm)
8GB DDR2 1066Mhz RAM (4x2GB) CL5
1GB GTS450 DDR5 GPU

PentiumCore wrote:
Oh wow, I thought I was just going crazy.

This is one thing that was/is constantly happening to me every few weeks. And its NOT lag related. It simple misses letters, spaces, everything. I have to press the missing key a bunch of times for it to read.

Very weird.

Ah, that is different than lag, you are describing a faulty keyboard. The "missing key" is intermittent and needs to be replaced. Call/email Asus and report the problem.

The keyboard isn't easily removed/replaced, so you will need to send in the laptop as an RMA repair.

If you bought it recently it would be faster to return to the store, hopefully they have a replacement in stock.

Due to the *fun* I have had over the years with laptop keyboards, some spilling involved, I use wireless keyboards / mouse / trackpad and rarely use the built in keyboard/trackpad. This keeps the laptop clean and free of human drippings. 🙂

PentiumCore
Level 7
Haha, yeah 🙂

BTW the key thing isn't related to one single key, I said that wrong, sorry about that. It happens to any and all, yet random keys. So for example if I wanted to type the following: "Hello My Name Is Mr Smith" it would come out "Hllomy nam s Mr mith" sometimes the space bar won't work or keys strokes won't be recognized etc.

It's weird but its only happened randomly once a week and usually solves itself when I log off / back on.
Asus G750JW (Poverty Spec)
17" 1600x900 - 4700HQ - 8GB RAM - 2GB GTX765M GPU

GAMING RIG 2013:
Asus P9X79, i7 3930K, 8GB RAM, GTX780 s/c, 256GB SSD)

GAMING RIG 2006:
Pentium D Extreme Edition 965 (3.8Ghz, 1066MHz, 65nm)
8GB DDR2 1066Mhz RAM (4x2GB) CL5
1GB GTS450 DDR5 GPU

PentiumCore wrote:
Haha, yeah 🙂

BTW the key thing isn't related to one single key, I said that wrong, sorry about that. It happens to any and all, yet random keys. So for example if I wanted to type the following: "Hello My Name Is Mr Smith" it would come out "Hllomy nam s Mr mith" sometimes the space bar won't work or keys strokes won't be recognized etc.

It's weird but its only happened randomly once a week and usually solves itself when I log off / back on.

Too bad it is intermittent, tougher to debug, especially because I would suggest uninstalling the RealTek driver, which requires a reboot and then the problem will go away anyway...

But, you could uninstall the Realtek driver and then run for a while and see if the problem pops up again, or stays gone.

If that isn't it there might be another config/driver causing the problem. It will take some patience and thought as to what you are doing different just before it happens, but please post back here when you find it.