cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Rampage and OCing

Retired
Not applicable
Finally saved up the money to purchase a gaming rig and looking forward to it. I'm new to CPU OCing and did some looking around and read the posts by V2-V3 on OCing. I understand somewhat of how OCing works with the i7 chips. My rig is currently on it's way and wanted to be ready to OC it when it gets here. If I can get assistance with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Below are the rigs specifications.

CPU: i7 930
Mobo: Rampage III Extreme
Memory: Corsair Dominator GT 1600
GPU: XFX HD 5850 Crossfire Config
PSU: Silverstone 1000w
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
SSD: OCZ 240GB Vertex 2
Case: ATCS 840

Would it be easier for a first timer to OC via ROG Connect or through BIOS, and what are the best steps to take to achieve the best results?

Thanks for any guidance.
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
we are working on a bios dictionary to help define what each function does. from there we will start to publish guides for entry level overclockers to extreme

Brian@ASUS wrote:
we are working on a bios dictionary to help define what each function does. from there we will start to publish guides for entry level overclockers to extreme

Really looking forward to it! Seems like you would need to have a tutor at your side to become an expert at OCing, or to know what each option in the BIOS does if not for countless of hours spent researching on the web for making it posible.

[/HR]
Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 4206
Intel I7-3820
32 GB Quad Channel Kingston Hyper X Genesis
2 x Nvidia GTX 690
2 x WD Velociraptor 250 GB RAID0
Intel 120GB 320 SSD
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
CM Silent Pro Hybrid - 1300W
CM HAFx

Retired
Not applicable
Sounds good. I've come to learn a bit via V2-V3s guide on what to keep things at or under or over. If you need pictures/illustrations, let me know.