cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! no S.M.A.R.T, and can't install Rog ramdisk software

yuyueyuyue
Level 7
This card should support SMART right? But it's not active in my system. There's no health status or temperature under crystaldiskinfo. I tried opening the MSU, and found a "Poll SMART Status" option, it was off. But I coudn't turn it on. Every time I click "on" and then "modify", the setting reverts back to "off".

Another problem is that I can't install ROG ramdisk software. The version I'm installing is 2.01.03. I get 3 error messages at 15% during installation, "FoundDMI Fail", "GetSMBiosInfo Fail", and "Fail to initial AsInsHelp DLL." Do I need to install some other drivers or software before intalling this? Or do I need an Asus mobo to use this software?

here are my specs
mobo: GA-Z87x-UD5H
cpu: i7 4770k
ram: 16gb corsair vengeance
gpu: asus gtx 780

edit: using uefi. Raidr as system drive.
thanks everyone!
7 REPLIES 7

cruzdi
Level 7
Same exact problem here with the ramdisk installation in a Rampage IV Black Edition using windows 8.1.

I solved the installation problem, but still no SMART status on crystaldiskinfo. I think Raidr itself uses SMART, but just doesn't show to some monitoring software. Do we need special software to check it's health and temperature?

To solve the installation problem, cruzdi, I believe you followed the official installation guide to turn off the Marvell sata ports on the mobo. The installation guide says to turn Marvell controller off on mobo so that it won't conflict with the Marvell controller on Raidr. Well, it might be true, but there are side effects. Turn it back on and you will be able to install this software. If this is not your case, then I suggest you try other setting in the bios. I re-installed windows, and the software still won't install on a fresh os, so it's gotta be a lower level problem.

Nodens
Level 16
Ok, no drives that are members of a RAID array export SMART data directly. That's impossible. There are tools out there though that pull individual SMART data from array members using passthrough methods. The one I know, and use, that supports every type of controller that can do that, is HD Sentinel http://www.hdsentinel.com/.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

thanks, very helpful

cruzdi
Level 7
yuyueyuyue wrote:
Another problem is that I can't install ROG ramdisk software. The version I'm installing is 2.01.03. I get 3 error messages at 15% during installation, "FoundDMI Fail", "GetSMBiosInfo Fail", and "Fail to initial AsInsHelp DLL." Do I need to install some other drivers or software before intalling this? Or do I need an Asus mobo to use this software?

To solve the installation problem, I installed the Marvell drivers from the installation CD. I had assumed that all the software would be in the ASUS support pages for the product. I was wrong. But I think ASUS should provide all relevant software and necessary info in their product support pages.

claytonjn
Level 7
I'm also unable to install the RAMDisk software. I tried installing the Marvell drivers from the CD but it's still giving the "FoundDMI Fail", "GetSMBiosInfo Fail", and "Fail to initial AsInsHelp DLL" at 15%. I tried the version on the CD, as well as both versions available on the download page (V2.01.03 and V2.00.03.) Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can get it working?

claytonjn wrote:
I'm also unable to install the RAMDisk software. I tried installing the Marvell drivers from the CD but it's still giving the "FoundDMI Fail", "GetSMBiosInfo Fail", and "Fail to initial AsInsHelp DLL" at 15%. I tried the version on the CD, as well as both versions available on the download page (V2.01.03 and V2.00.03.) Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can get it working?

try go into the bios or uefi and enable Marvell controller.
You don't necessarily have to install the driver, but you must enable the controller on your mobo.