Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Same as you Bags333... find any solid steps to fix this? RealBench was giving me 'instability detected' after using the auto-optimized-overclock thing in AI Suite 3, and got a handful of 124 BSODs (once running Starcraft 2, of all things, a few others running Prime95 et all). Temps never exceeded 70s, voltages were left adaptive but seemed stable enough in HWMonitor. Anyway, removed all of the OC settings, loaded optimized defaults in BIOS, and changed only mem setting to XMP. Now, I somehow pass the stress test, but Luxmark always crashes with the same event info as OP. Drivers and Windows all up-to-date. Any ideas?

MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero
    CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.5GHz
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2133MHz
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pg8b

ROG Enthusiast Array

BSOD 124 I think you need more vcore. if you set all to optimized default and running xmp profile. I believe you can up your Vccsa with step increment of 0.02v per increase and see if luxmark still crash after every increase.
    For my case. luxmark.exe stop crashing after I slowly up my vccsa from 0.9v to 1.05v.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alaxang View Post
    BSOD 124 I think you need more vcore. if you set all to optimized default and running xmp profile. I believe you can up your Vccsa with step increment of 0.02v per increase and see if luxmark still crash after every increase.
    For my case. luxmark.exe stop crashing after I slowly up my vccsa from 0.9v to 1.05v.
    Thanks, that seems to have helped. It now seems stable enough at 4.2, upping the Vccsa a bit and the CPU analog I/O voltage offset a bit as well. Didn't know those could help stability when using memory over 1866 until now

ROG Enthusiast Array

Cause default ram speed is 1333mhz. Anything frequency above that is consider overclocking. even the same model of ram at 1866mhz may have different tolerance . some may work well at say 1.00v , some may need a bit more juice at 1.05v VCCSA/VTT , other factors like CPU speed also plays a part. you can only find stability by running stress test and tunning these voltages(Vcore, VTT, VCCSA, etc)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alaxang View Post
    Cause default ram speed is 1333mhz. Anything frequency above that is consider overclocking. even the same model of ram at 1866mhz may have different tolerance . some may work well at say 1.00v , some may need a bit more juice at 1.05v VCCSA/VTT , other factors like CPU speed also plays a part. you can only find stability by running stress test and tunning these voltages(Vcore, VTT, VCCSA, etc)
    Hmm, so luxmark doesn't crash anymore, but I'm still getting the occasional 124 BSOD when playing Starcraft. Upped the VCCSA and IO A voltage some more, which seems to be extending the time I remain stable... or it could be a coincidence/placebo effect and the BSOD timing is just random and happens to have occurred further out each time. Know of a program that will log current voltages/temps every few seconds to disk? Guessing at which is the culprit really blows, and of course windows error reports can't be bothered to log that info.
    Still at 4.2ghz, VCore is adaptive 1.2V, highest spike I saw running realbench was 1.264. Maybe I should try manual at 1.264, see if it stays stable there? DRAM is set to 1.6 but is showing 1.611 to 1.614, maybe that requires even more VCCSA? I don't know what a safe max on those is. Its hanging at around 0.888 with my offset of 0.03, I'll try upping it toward 1.05V like you mentioned. What speed/voltage is your ram running, if you don't mind me asking?

ROG Enthusiast Array

wait wait, do not raise VTT or VCCSA anyhow lol. if you have raised VCCSA and VTT up to the point where your luxmark not crashing anymore. hold on to that voltage. BSOD 124 is an indication that you may need more vcore . You can try to go for manual vcore voltage from 1.26 and run some stress test. if you encounter bsod 124 again , up the vcore by 0.02 to 1.28 and see if it help. once you have found the stable vcore voltage for your rig, then you can proceed to use offset mode to reach the desire vcore.

I am running XMP profile for my ram at 1866mhz 1.5V

I am not an expert in OC-ing, these are just my experiences and observation which I had during my oc of the rig.

You should read up on Raja overclocking guides for more in depth detail. but basically the main voltages to play around are vcore/vtt/vccsa . there is a relationship between the 3 voltages which you have to understand.

ROG Member Array

I get this same error running at un-OC optimized settings on my RIVBE+4930+Geforce 760. Here is the event log entry:

Faulting application name: LuxMark-x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53231270
    Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.50727.1, time stamp: 0x5011a017
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000073904
    Faulting process id: 0x1eb0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf965b9e6afbaa
    Faulting application path: D:\Downloads\RealBench_v2.2\luxmark\LuxMark-x64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll
    Report Id: 55c2938a-0251-11e4-8328-e03f496f5166
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID

If it is instability related it must be a MB, processor, or graphics card defect because I'm not overclocking, but I suspect it is either a windows or driver problem as my rig developed this problem recently when overlocking. The problem did not go away when I backed out the overclocked settings. It occurs a bit over one hour into RealBench as if it is deterministic (e.g. some type of overflow or underflow). Ambitexter's solution is starting to look attractive, despite the nay-saying (provided it works). I may try it tomorrow.

ROG Member Array

I tried Ambidexter's registry settings For the record, they didn't work on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by rosefire View Post
    I suspect it is either a windows or driver problem as my rig developed this problem recently when overlocking. The problem did not go away when I backed out the overclocked settings.
    Hello

This indicates it is time for a fresh install of the operating system.

ROG Member Array

Praz, we think alike.
    Last night I reinstalled windows 8.1 and all its DOS-like productive-crippling flat-looking non-intuitive ugly 2D full-screen only programs on a formatted drive then installed the ASUS and GeForce graphics drivers. Luxmark crashed just the same at some point in the night.

Based on an event log "unexpected error" and Google findings of the associated code, my newest theory is that one of my drives is causing a disk driver deadlock. When I was home for lunch I disconnected the other drives and started RealBench again. If this fails, I'll install Windows 7 tonight to see if the problem is resolved or I get more information. Windows 7 is a far more usable desktop OS anyway.

I should mention again that I'm not overclocking, so this may be a different problem from the one others are seeing, but perhaps not.
    Last edited by rosefire; 07-03-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast