cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Thing Happened...Microwave+G750JH

khmergod
Level 7
So I placed my laptop bag on a microwave. I wouldn't use it with the laptop on it of course. I go do some stuff for half an hour and see my dad eating 2 hotdogs in his plate (he's weird). I asked him where he got those hotdogs and he said from HEB. I asked them if they were already cooked. He said "Yes, well I mean aren't they already cooked?" I then asked him if he used the microwave. He told me he used it for exactly 1 minute. At that moment I yelled "FUUUUUUUU."

I checked the notebook and everything seems fine. Do you guys think the microwave radiation may have damaged anything? Just venting and making myself feel better. Please make me feel better about myself my ROGers...

Edit. Laptop wasn't on and yes, dad did use the microwave with the laptop bag on it. I asked him why he didn't remove the bag before using the microwave and he just shrugged and said "I didn't know you had anything in it." lol trolled me.
G750JH-DB71
i7 4700HQ
32GB RAM HYNIX
GTX 7800M
2X128 SSD RAID 0
256 SAMSUNG 840 PRO
5 REPLIES 5

chrsplmr
Level 18
I'm stunned. Hot Dogs ???

As to the G :::
Unless Dad cooked the hotdogs on top of the laptop inside the microwave .. ur should be good to go. .c.

Flea0
Level 10
nice story. but don't worry, the amount of microwave radiation needed to damage electronics outside of the oven would make it illegal to sell. It does interfere with wifi and bluetooth though so it's a good thing you weren't downloading a large file, I guess...
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

Woofyhugger
Level 7
As the others have said, it will be fine. Microwaves do interfere with wifi though, especially if you have an older microwave. Mine causes huge lag spikes if I am gaming and someone uses the microwave. No PvP when that thing is cooking. 😉
G750JH-T4074H i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB , GTX780M-4GB
G75VW-T1013V
G74SX

CamainDK
Level 7
//Troll ON

Next time, if you expect your dad to clean up after you, make sure to place youre laptop inside the microwaveoven.
Otherwise he might not understand the importance of him doing your work.

//Troll Off
My opinions are my own, I do not work for Asus or any other manufacturer of computers or computer parts. I do not speak on behalf of anybody, but myself.
//Blessed are the cheesemakers

Retired
Not applicable
Many years ago, i worked very close to something like this, and the electronic gadgets i had in my pockets got killed.. a digital notebook.. RIP