cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

games lagging with my ASUS EAH6450

gamer01
Level 7
hello

i just got a new graphic card since my old nvidia was messed up.

today when playing games like batman arkham games, it lagged with them all, while my old card never lagged with those games. i tried lowering the settings but it only helps a litle bit but still wont run as smooth as it used to.

my pc specs are

Q9400 quad core processor 2.66 ghz
win 7 service pack 1 64 bit
4gb ram
ASUS ati EAH6450 Series 1 gb

i heard that this card is horrible for gaming... i tried changing the settings in catalyst control center but no succes.
does anyone else has the same graphic card as mine? if so hows the gaming performance??

any help would be apreciated
32 REPLIES 32

Nate152
Hi gamer01, welcome to the ROG Forum. You have come to the best place for pc gaming help. First off I just want to say that you are running a core 2 quad 2.66 cpu which is about 6 years old. The 6450 gpu with 1GB of Vram is a budget card. You can't expect high end gaming performance on newer games with an older cpu and a budget gpu. If you are experiencing low frames per second, lower the screen resolution. it's about all you can do except get newer hardware. What Nvidia card did you have and how was it messed up?

gamer01
Level 7
thanks for the reply nate152

i had nvidia gforce 9800 gt 512 mb before. the people at the store told me your video card got messed up becasue of the heat in your hardware and that the ventilators stopped working. the reason why it happend was all of the hardware inside my pc was full of dust.

what do you suggest? should i get an nvidia card like the one i had before??

Nate152
No I would not suggest you get a 9800 gt gpu.I would suggest you plan a new build with all new hardware and go with what you can afford. If you are building a gaming pc the graphics card you choose will make the biggest difference. The new Maxwell Nvidia cards are coming in march of 2014. I am anxiously waiting to read some reviews on them. As for suggesting a new graphics card for your system, I really can't because a gtx 480/580 are fairly old graphics cards and you are buying a semi obsolete product. And if you put a gtx 680/780 with your system it will just get bottlenecked. So I would just plan a new build around an i7-4770k cpu (socket 1150) and a Maxwell graphics card. You could also go socket 2011 but that can be the more expensive route.

gamer01
Level 7
i can afford a new pc but i was planning just to update the graphic card for now to save the money i got.i know what you mean with bottlenecked when putting on a new nvidia card with my current cpu but its still worth a try to get one i had before since that one worked well with my current cpu. probably the guy that gave me a ASUS ati EAH6450 card didnt knew anyhting about pc gaming.

if i replace some of the hardwares for better ones, isnt it a better idea to get a new pc instead?

Nate152
yes it would be better for you to build/buy a new pc as you don't want to be putting money into a pc that is 5-6 years old.

gamer01
Level 7
nate just want to get this straight.

i dont really understand why this amd radeon 6450 of mine runs with slower frame rates??? even with batman arkham city its lagging. when i lower the resolution of the game it gets better but still im not happy with the results. my old nvidia card is lower than the card i have now but that card was running all games very smooth at almost with the highest settings.

thats why i was saying if i get an nvidia card like i had before, mybe a little beter one then mybe i can run all games with high settings again what do you think?

You would think that the 6450 is the better card but the 9800 GT is actually the better graphics card . Here take a look at this. http://www.hwcompare.com/10353/geforce-9800-gt-512mb-vs-radeon-hd-6450-oem-1gb/ What kills the 6450's performance is its 64 bit memory bus. What would be a good card to match up with your cpu would probably be a gtx 285. Does your power supply have two 6 pin pcie power connectors and it must be at least 550 watts.

gamer01
Level 7
i cant get a gtx 285 here on the market. there is a goog pc office store at my place that sells a nvidia gforce 650 gtx 2 gigs vram and another one but earlier version.

Nate152
yeah you could go for that card. You will need a minimum of a 400 watt power supply and one 6-pin pcie power connector from the power supply to connect to it.