cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoG on Haswell-E..

djdelirius
Level 10
I thought this was a tantalizing article on RoG's main page.

http://rog.asus.com/291542013/news/intels-core-i7-haswell-e-engineering-sample-breaks-cover/

I just got finished with my first "overclocking build" and already starting to plan the next one. Now to decide whether to trade my MVIE and 4770k in for a Rampage Black Edition and Ivy Bridge-E or wait for the X99 and Haswell-E.....hmmmm....
6 REPLIES 6

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
You could go H-E when it comes late next year, but you'll need to save your pennies now. As H-E will be the 1st to support DDR4 at 2133MHz minimum and of course, 1st Gen is always expensive...especially when it comes to RAM.

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL there is always something new and more exciting over the next hill. I am looking forward to the next gen stuff too.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I am looking forward to the next gen stuff too.

If the prices of DDR4 are going to be as bad as I expect them to be, my next planned build will be getting used for the next couple Gens, until the demand for DDR4 pushes the prices down.

X-ROG
Level 15
H-E is a long way off and it's not like Ivy-E will become slow overnight. 😉 The article tries to reaffirm fact: that while there's a tantalising picture of a CPU out there on the net, all the presented 'detail' is not acutally backed up with any real evidence.

chrisnyc75
Level 12
Just finished your first build and already daydreaming about your second? Yeah, this one is ours now. Mwahahahaha >;)

IMHO, the only way to survive this addiction is to be disciplined about how often you upgrade. If you allow yourself to upgrade every time there's a new generation released you'll go bankrupt. "Pick your battles." If you just built a rig, sit tight and wait for Haswell-e. *OR* drop a dime on IB-e and plan to sit tight until Skylake-e. Unless you're stinking rich in which case you can just have it all. 😉
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

Zeruel
Level 7
Haswell-E will introduce too many new things at expensive price points. Sure 8cores and DDR4 sound amazing at first but it would best to wait till Broadwell where all these innovations will be refined and have better pricing.
Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling