cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulcan Pro - No sound at all?!

KazariK
Level 7
Hey Guys,

So, a couple of months ago I got a Vulcan pro head set. Was super excited to get these! Allows me to play games while the wife watches tv or my daughter sits and does home work..

Anyways, while I was on a trip and staying over night in a hotel (needing quiet for my daughter to sleep) my headset stopped working.. I checked the sound settings, everything looked good. I unplugged the headset from the booster (not sure what else to call it) and direct plugged into my laptop, no change.
I checked the sound clip to make sure the sound was up, it was fine.
I checked the cord plugging into the headset itself. At first it seemed loose so I unplugged and plugged back in, that seemed to fix it but then 10 min later it totally died and couldnt get it to work at all after that.

My rig:
Running a ROG G750JH-DB72-CA
Vulcan Pro headset

Now one little note.. About a week before my daughter had installed a batter into the headset and I found the ANC really REALLY messed with the sound of Diablo III (all regular sounds were fine, but the voices were faint and echoed). I took the battery out and turned off the ANC and it helped, but the sound never sounded as good as it did the first time I plugged the headset into the laptop. I dont understand why, it just didnt..

I really really want to get the headset working again in time for the holidays, but worried they might have to go back.

Kaz
2 REPLIES 2

Raja
Level 13
If you get no sound regardless of what the headset is plugged into (and you are sure the ANC switch is in the off position), then indeed you may need to RMA the headset.

KazariK
Level 7
Ill give the headset another try again tonight (havent bothered in the last couple of weeks, to busy and well, they are broken 😉 )..

If I go the RMA route, what is the process?

Kaz

And I guess tonight I should look at registering my headset online 🙂