cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of performance am i going to get on my new pc build

DELLB0Y
Level 7
hello gamers i have been recommend this website from so many of my friends so here i am writing a post i have decided all my components and i am going to be building the pc just after Christmas but i would like to know what kind of performance am i going to get from it like what FPS am i going to get playing crysis 3 maxed out and arma 3 here are my components

Z87-K Motherboard (not too happy with the board but comes in good bundle pack)

Intel Core i5-4670K (Haswell Quad Core Processor)

8GB Vengeance Pro Black Ram memory

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti OC Graphics Card 2GB (2 of them after a month or so after completion of the build)

WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATAIII (2 of them)

Corsair Builder Series CXM 750W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze

Corsair H80i Hydro Series Extreme Performance CPU Cooler

Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower Case

im going to put a SSD in there when i have bought a back up battery pack (its not quite safe enough for me atm)
24 REPLIES 24

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forum, DELLBOY!

What is your budget for the build and where do you plan on shopping for your parts?

i have went £70 over budget the total cost for everything is £673.55 im buying from Amazon and dabs.com

DELLB0Y wrote:
i have went £70 over budget the total cost for everything is £673.55 im buying from Amazon and dabs.com

Just a little over your previous configuration. But well worth it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£164.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£103.04 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£65.52 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.40 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card (£194.99 @ Aria PC)
Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.74 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£87.30 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £686.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-18 23:02 GMT+0000)

martyn
Level 10
I would try Scan .... i have used Dabs in the past, they are over priced in comparison and the service especially delivery isnt as good. Amazon can be good at times if not after the latest and greatest, can get some savings safely knowing your well covered in case issues. Scan allow you to pay a little extra to insure componants during a build actually work with a supposedly no quibble exchange i believe.
Rampage iv Extreme.....3930 i7.....32gb Corsair Vengeance....Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme....Matrix HD 7970 x 2 in crossfire....Creative Fatality Champion Soundcard - With front drive bay....Themaltake Toughpower XT Gold 1475 watt power supply.....Samsung SSD 830 512gb...Samsung 1TB HD x 2....Samsung Blu Ray drive....Samsung DVD drive...Windows 7 Ultimate....Thermaltake Overseer RX-1 case

what kind of performance am i going to get from this set up and thanks for the website

HiVizMan
Level 40
Dellboy you are not going to be disappointed mate. CPU is a cracker and the motherboard is solid I promise you.

When next have a couple of squids to spare think about getting a SSD for your OS an applications. Will not make your FPS higher but loads stuff way quicker and greatly improves the whole experience. Your system will cope with all games as it stands.

What monitor are you using?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

thanks for you're reply its good to know my PC can handle it my monitor is a 23" AOC e2343f series i have been told its a decent monitor but im not 100%

Nate152
I can verify that Crysis 3 is still one of the most system demanding games to date. What performance to expect with your system is going to depend on the settings. At 1080p all very high settings, no AA is going to net you an average of 30 FPS. here I found this, have a look. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2013/03/26/nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-boost-2gb-review/4

very interesting thank you if i had 2 Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB cards would that make a difference