cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Ram for Rampage extreme black edition?

Thebigeasy77
Level 7
Planning a new build gaming pc with 4930k cpu and gtx 780 sli and was wondering what the best 32gb or 16gb ram you would recommend, price doesnt matter, 100 % gaming pc
Thanks for reading
15 REPLIES 15

Praz
Level 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Totally agree GSkill RIpjawZ for the win each and every time.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

The memory in my signature just hums! Ripjaws or nothing.
Rampage IV Extreme BE, Intel 4960X, G-Skills Ripjaws Z F3- 2133C10Q2-64GZM, 2 ADATA SX900 512 GB SSD RAID 0, 4 Kingston Hyper X 120 GB SSD RAID 0, Pioneer BDR 2207, Segate 500GB HD, WD Velociraptor 600 GB (2), HD XSPC Cooling Push Pull c/w Heatkiller 3 CPU Block, Asus GTX690 (2), Asus VG278H, Asus VS208N, Xonar Phobus, Corsair 1200AX, Win 7 Ultimate UEFI

PuffY
Level 7
if price doesn't matter and you want max speed for your board why not get the good stuff like I did. This is one of the fastest on the qvl list.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231682

PuffY wrote:
if price doesn't matter and you want max speed for your board why not get the good stuff like I did. This is one of the fastest on the qvl list.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231682

LOL. At least one person has bought that memory. These kind of speeds have diminishing returns assuming the IMC is even capable of running at these specs. Except for a couple of benchmarks 2400MHz 10 12 12 will bring the same performance or better. And at a lot less expense. A couple of weeks ago I picked up 64GB of 2400MHz CAS 10 Trident X for $479.96 on sale.

Praz wrote:
LOL. At least one person has bought that memory. These kind of speeds have diminishing returns assuming the IMC is even capable of running at these specs. Except for a couple of benchmarks 2400MHz 10 12 12 will bring the same performance or better. And at a lot less expense. A couple of weeks ago I picked up 64GB of 2400MHz CAS 10 Trident X for $479.96 on sale.

Of course the imc runs at these specs, this memory is on the QVL. OP said price didn't matter and if that's the case this is the best ram he can put in this board. The only reason someone would chose the rivbe over the rive is because of the increase in memory bandwidth, so why spend extra on the black unless you are willing to spend on memory...

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL $1000+ for memory not going to happen any time soon.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Oh dear but sadly no Puffy. The IMC has the potential to run at these specs there is no guarantee that the OP will get a CPU that does this. They may be on the QVL because they work with the board, however it is CPU dependant.

And further just to burst the bubble these sticks are not very efficient in the real world they are there for epeen lads and bencher's who want to go for frequency records. It is the nature of the chips used, I have four or five sets that I use for benching memory frequency. For any other benchmark that requires efficiency I use other sticks.