Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2014 PC build

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

It is not worth getting any SSD series aside from the Samsung 840 Pro series. srsly. The benchmarks make all others SSDs laughable at. For the cost of pretty much any other SSD on the market right now, you get ludicrously faster benchmarks. The Samsung 840 Evo series is a low-cost alternative, but the best speed, and best cost/performance is found at the 840 Pro series. No other SSD is worth buying in my opinion. Unless there is a faster SSD on the market that I am unaware of. Keep in mind larger capacity SSDs are almost always faster. And that 128gbs of storage will only really be enough storage for OS and maybe one big game you always play. (Aside from Team Fortress 2 of course.) 256gbs is good, and the 512gb 840 Pro is obviously best.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I would also say to get a larger SSD. Although 120GB is enough for the OS, you'll find that it fills up pretty quick with other programs/games. Between the two motherboards, I would say the Formula.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE90 View Post
    Edit 21/12-13: Hello again. I'm now considering swapping the CM case for a corsair Carbide Air 540. What do you think? Any suggestions for cases? I'm looking for a box-type case to have standing on my desk.
    Yes, yes, yes! I absolutely love my Air 540, it's an amazing case! If you do decide on the CM V8 GTS, then you'll have room for either 2x120mm or 2x140mm fan up top. Or if you decide on something like the H100i, then you'll have lots of room for that too. I do not think you can go wrong withe Air 540
    Lana:
    Asus Maximus VI Formula | Intel Core i7 4770K | Corsair H100i
    ASUS GTX 780 DCII | Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 1866 Mhz | Corsair Air 540
    Samsung 840 Pro | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair AX760

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

If you go big, then go with a Corsair Obsidian series. I personally love the Graphite series, for its smooth, modern look. But big builds need beef. An Obsidian 900D or 800D are great. But if you want to upgrade to a custom WC loop? The Phantek Enthoo Primo Ultimate. Just look it up.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Yes, yes, yes! I absolutely love my Air 540, it's an amazing case! If you do decide on the CM V8 GTS, then you'll have room for either 2x120mm or 2x140mm fan up top. Or if you decide on something like the H100i, then you'll have lots of room for that too. I do not think you can go wrong withe Air 540
    Nice . I'm leaning towards the H100i for the moment. Probably going to end up with that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2