cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long restart times Help

fab5yo
Level 7
Friends I just wanted to know if anyone has the same problem as I have on my G750JX. Lately when I restart my computer it taking a very long time to turn off and restart. IF I press the restart button it stay on for at least 1 minutes or 2 before if it finally turns off and re boots to ROG screen. IS that why longer then usually. Can any one help me fix this problem.
7 REPLIES 7

hafiqn
Level 7
Hi I encountered the same issue on Windows 8.1.

So far it went away after I re install the os and setup both drives as gpt partitioning during os installation process (press shift + f10 and run diskpart, select disk, clean, set as gpt ). Next I installed all drivers and so far didn't reappear.

Can you ask your friend to give some more information such as os used, happen after os update, reinstall, etc

On other forum most people can resolve by Disabling fast start up under power options in control panel (Google up windows 8 hang during restart for exact procedure to do it)

hafiqn
Level 7
But take note that in my case it didn't restart (tried to wait for more than 10 minute)

Squirre1
Level 7
@fab5yo I am seeing the exact same thing... I dont recall it on Windows 8 since I patched to go right to 8.1. But when I go to restart, it looks like it pauses for about 1 minute before restarting. The OS appears to be down, the screen is black, the backlight on the keyboard is still on and it sits there.

Then all of the sudden after that minute to two minutes, it restarts and all is good... Really annoying...

Having the same problem. Running 8.1. There is also an extremely long shut down time.

Nehmia
Level 9
that is because you used the latest nVIDIA crappy drivers

stick to the latest from ASUS and you should have no problems

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918132683.zip
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

Installing this nvidia driver did not solve the problem. Tried using DDU to completely remove the nvidia driver, but that just screwed up all my drivers. Currently resetting computer to factory settings.

Edit: After resetting to factory settings and windows 8 the problem went away. However, after upgrading to 8.1 the problem reappeared. I don't believe this has anything to do with nvidia drivers. This is on a G750JH.

EDIT2: Fixed it. Downloaded the two 8.1 drivers on asus' support page(WLAN and Bluetooth). Everything works perfectly now.

YEs your were right xMrAx. I updated all my drive by hit the windows key and X. Then I opened device manager. I went thought almost all the drives by double clicking the one I thought needed updating. Then and when the property window opened up for each drive I clicked on the (driver tap) to update drive. Now my computer restart as good as new thanks for the advice buddy.