cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with upgrade the bios converter!

stylophone
Level 7
Hi guys,

I recently bought a Sabertooth x79 mb, which installed with the a very earlier factory bios, 0607 or version number like that. My problem is that I couldn't have my e5 2687w CPU works with that bios, I need to upgrade the mb bios to 4502 for support that CPU.

So, I think the right way to do that is firstly upgrade the bios to .CAP bios format by use the ASUS BIOS Converter and also to the 2002 version. However, since I couldn't boot my system, the only method I have is to use the USB BIOS Flashback function to make that work. So I copied the BIOS Converter .ROM to usb disk, renamed the file and plugged usb into the flashback usb slot and then pressed the flash button. Everything works fine until this step:

"After the system reboots twice, the .CAP conversion process is done."

How the hell am I supposed to do that? Since I couldn't have my system boot, and that's exactly why I flash the bios. Does anyone have any idea how to make that work? It's driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Raja
Level 13
You will need to RMA the board to ASUS or ask for a BIOS chip ...

-Nax-
Level 8
i'm sorry but i think you can't do such an upgrade without a sandy-bridge CPU (not 3970X), the converter need to boot ...

Praz
Level 13
As noted above you options are limited.

1. RMA the board to ASUS.

2.Acquire a SB-E to flash with.

3. Purchase a pre-flashed BIOS chip.

4. Find someone with an EPROM programmer.

stylophone
Level 7
I see, thanks to all above and I knew my options now.

Praz
Level 13
You're welcome. 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
There are a couple of folks on Ebay that offer a cost effective service if you are in a hurry to get it sorted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.