cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double boot issue Vol 2

abcdeluxe
Level 9
Hi guys!

I got a strange issue with my Sabertooth Z87.
Sometimes when I shut the computer down, it restarts by itself. :confused:
I have no idea what causes that...
Also I have the double boot at startup after shutting off the psu.
Maybe someone knows whats the problem there, however I'll experiment a little more on that, maybe it's just the PCIe setting.
But the restart problem is really strange. Sometimes it happens 2 or 3 times. :mad:

I hope you can help me! 🙂
22 REPLIES 22

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do you have Intel application IRST installed, use a older version or remove it. You power down problem should be gone.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I don't think I have this installed. But to be sure, where can I check it?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Open the windows remove programs application, that will tell you if it is installed or not.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

abcdeluxe
Level 9
As I supposed: it's not. :eek:

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah that is a pity then, so much for the easy fix.

Please post up your full hardware list, include your PSU make and how old it is.

abcdeluxe
Level 9
Ok:
Win 8.1 64bit
~1 month old
i7 4770k
Sabertooth Z87
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB: OS
WD Green 1TB
beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W

Did I forget sth?
EDIT: not overclocking

abcdeluxe
Level 9
bump :eek:

abcdeluxe
Level 9
bump 2 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello - no idea how I missed your reply.

Is there any way you can test your system with another PSU, and not one made by Be Quite? I have seen a number of users with issues very similar to yours and all 4 had been using a BeQuite PSU. Not saying it is, just that it is a possible cause.